14 January 2018 (Monday) - FTF, Fake Lego


Finding myself wide awake I got up and had my morning ablutions. I stood on the scales and saw I'd put on another pound since last week. Time to start counting those calories, maybe?
Over brekkie (granola) I watched another episode of "Prison Break" which is fast becoming a re-make of "The A-Team". It is an entertaining enough show if you don't think about it that much, and if you overlook the fact that people who are now best friends were shooting each other only a few episodes ago.

On Saturday I mentioned that I'd solved a geo-puzzle that no one else had. This morning I saw the First to Find was still up for grabs. So, finding myself awake far too early, I set off to chase it. It might make for a little adventure on what would be an otherwise dull day. I soon found myself within striking distance of where I was supposed to be, but it was still rather early and not quite fully light. So, rather than parking in a sensible place and walking across footpaths and fields, I drove up a private drive, and soon had the elusive prize in my hand. First to Find. Happy dance indeed.

I quickly drove off in the general direction of work before anyone saw me, and I had something of a rather problematical journey. What with road closures and road works, I travelled quite a bit further than I might otherwise have done. As I drove the pundits on the radio were interviewing all sorts of people in the run-up to tomorrow's big Brexit debacle. Ex-minister Esther McVey was wheeled on and she ignored everything that was asked of her. Instead she just parroted a pre-written speech about how wonderful she was.  And in the interests of political impartiality they brought on the Labour party's John McDonald who tried to persuade the public that Jeremy Corbyn isn't quite the disaster that he is making us all believe that he is.

I eventually got to work, and did my bit. During a break in the proceedings I managed to book my car in for an MOT. It isn't due until March; that's a month later than I was expecting. That's something of a result.
It was somewhat ironic that having been wide awake in the early hours this morning I fell asleep for most of my lunch break, but such is life.

Once home I got the dogs onto leads and as we walked out we met "er indoors TM" who was just parking her car. Together we all wandered the roads for a while.
Once home "er indoors TM" boiled up a rather good bit of dinner and went out. I watched a little telly, then asked Facebook about the Lego job lot that arrived at the weekend. Having had a rummage through it, about a quarter of what I got doesn’t look quite right. It turns out they are some cheap knock-off version. Whilst I’m happy with what I got, I don’t want the cheapo imitation bricks. I’ll ding those… once I’ve solved some more geo-puzzles.
I’m about half way through looking at those one hundred puzzles that went live last week and so far I seem to be solving about one in every five. It seems somewhat ironic that one of the few I solved is one that demonstrably has everyone else foxed. I wonder if I might swap answers…

No comments:

Post a Comment