7 July 2014 (Monday) - Stuff

Just lately "Furry Face TM" had taken to having woofing fits in the night. He had another one last night. I wish he wouldn't; especially when I've actually found myself in bed and asleep.
He grudgingly accepted the crusts from my toast this morning as I watched "The Mill" from the Sky's "On Demand" thingy; I hear there is to be a second series so I thought I'd remind myself of the first. It's quite a good show if you like that sort of thing. Which I do.

Off to work; as I drove I listened to the radio. There was talk about how people are making a fast buck on the international buying and selling of gold. Apparently every afternoon there is a conference telephone call made between a gaggle of top bankers who agree the day's price of gold. The accusation has been made that there are those who are getting rich by illicit means by this arrangement. If I could explain any better I would be getting rich myself.

I stopped off at Morrisons on my way to work. As well as apples and bananas I bought two bottles of port for the upcoming camping weekend. It's interesting how Morrisons aare happy to sell me port on my way to work wheras Tesco flatly refuses to do so.

Work was much the same as ever. At one point I did try to have one of the apprentices executed for blatent and wanton willful destruction of government property during a time of prolonged national austerity, but (apparently) throwing out rubbish doesn't count as " blatent and wanton..."

After work I popped round to see Matt; he had several of Malcolm's plants which needed taking to the allotment. My car looked rather liike a jungle as I drove round town.
I then ran "Furry Face TM" round the co op field, and with "er indoors TM" off flogging candles I found myself having to forage for my tea. I foraged in the general direction of the Hong Kong Kitchen only to find the place wasn't open.
KFC never lets me down...


No comments:

Post a Comment