29 June 2012 (Friday) - Astro Club


I must have been overdoing it this week - I woke with backache this morning. A backache which lasted all day long.

After a spot of brekkie we set off to Smeeth. The "er indoors TM" -mobile has got a problem. The boot doesn't open. Experts have had a look, and it would seem that the locking mechanism is knacked. We found a scrap yard from where we got a replacement. All that remains now is to fit the replacement part. I'm sure that will be easier said than done.
Whilst we were out we thought we'd replace the tyre with a slow puncture. Or that was until we saw the queue at Road Runners. We'll go back another time, eh?
To Tesco's for some shopping. We also got Belgian buns for a spot of lunch. Not that I'm any expert, but Co-Op do make a better Belgian bun. And they do them cheaper too.

The afternoon was rather dull. With my phone number back to what it should have been all along I then updated my updated information with several employment agencies, and applied for more jobs I don't have a chance of getting. And then with the Folkestonians in tow we set off to astro club where we had a really good evening. We had over fifty people along - lots of new people, and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.
Astronomically we could have done with a darker evening, but the dark winter nights will come quickly enough,
We've also borrowed the solar scope, so that should put paid to the recent spate of good weather...

No comments:

Post a Comment