29 September 2023 (Friday) - Trousers

I've a vague recollection of pushing a dog so that I could roll over in the night, but other than that I had a good night's sleep. I got up, and as I wandered to the bathroom I noticed all the light on next door. As I took Bailey for a tiddle last night at 9pm the only light on next door was the one in the back bedroom. She clearly goes to bed and gets up several hours earlier than most.
 
I made toast (with jam again - because we've now got some), and as I scoffed toast watched the most recent episode of "Star Trek: Lower Decks" that was released last night. Am I being rather sad in thinking that Lt Tendi is perhaps the foxiest woman in all of Star Trek?
I got dressed in the dark; something I do for five to six months every year over the winter. It is mostly much the same as getting dressed with the light on, but you don't wake anyone else up. However you do run the risk of spending the day with your undercrackers either inside out or back to front.
As I left the house I saw we'd not moved out recycling bin to the pavement. With the bin lorry coming up the road (you probably heard them shouting thins morning, no matter where in the world you are) I moved the recycling bin two yards from the front of the house to the pavement so that they could empty it. The bin men flatly refuse to walk the two yards from the pavement to the front of the house where the recycling bin lives... I've complained to the council before; the chap with whom I spoke admitted that it was rather pathetic, but made it clear that we all need to "appease the contractors"...
 
As I drove through the rain up the motorway the pundits on the radio were talking about how the Prime Minister is seemingly sucking up to motorists. It was alleged that there's more potential votes for him from those who drive cars than from those who get about using any other form of transport. He can suck up to me all he wants, I'd piss on the voting slip before voting for him.
And there was a lot of talk about how Labour are looking to win a lot of seats from the Scottish Nationalists.
I thought it rather strange how there is clearly a fascination with national politics whilst locally there is utter apathy.
 
Work was work; I did my bit on the early shift, then (with the afternoon off) walked out at mid-day and wandered over to the vaccination hub where (after a ten minute wait) I got my COVID jab in one arm and my flu jab in the other.
I then came home. I thought about taking the dogs up to the woods, but it was perhaps rather too hot for a long walk, so we wandered round the local roads. A geocache I’d hidden not far from home was supposedly missing and had had reports of being inaccessible because of massively overgrown weeds. We didn’t have any problem getting to where it was supposed to be. Was the old one still there? In all honesty, don’t know, don’t care. I dropped off a new one and we walked home again.
I then had a little sort out. I had planned to go to Cotton Traders on my way home for new trousers and a new fleece. The pocket of my work trousers has worn through (the keys do that to all my trousers) and the cuffs of my fleece have frayed away after many years. But rather than buying new I thought I might have a little look-see upstairs. I have a habit of buying new clothes, chucking them in the cupboard and forgetting about them. Sure enough there was a new fleece there. That saved a bit of cash. But as for trousers… There were over a dozen new pairs in the cupboard, but all too small for me. If any of my loyal readers would like a dozen pairs of new trousers (waist 40 inches, inside leg 29 inches) just drop me a line.
I then had a little sleep for an hour or so. Why was I so tired? I blame the vaccinations.
 
“er indoors TM sorted out fish and chips which we scoffed whilst watching more “Lego Masters: USA”. I’ll have a look on Amazon for new trousers in a minute…

No comments:

Post a Comment