14 September 2023 (Thursday) - Transmitting to Instagram

Last night’s night shift wasn’t one of the better ones. But during the night I found myself wondering at exactly what point does “late” stop and “early” begin.
 
As I drove home the pundits on the radio were talking about how some private schools aren’t bothering taking their students through GCSE examinations any more as the exams are seen as irrelevant to this modern age. Instead they devising their own exam system which will better prepare the students for “A” levels. The religion minister Steve Chalke was wheeled on. Being a Baptist minister turned politician he blathered platitudes like a thing possessed. And there was also input from Katharine Birbalsingh. Billed as a a British teacher and education reform advocate, she announced that the reals reason that private schools aren’t taking their students through GCSE examinations any more is that their results are dreadful, and this is a good way of hiding the failings of schools that charge twenty-four thousand quid a year. She claimed that we have a society in which everyone at the top is there through some sort of old boys network and that those who run our society are academically far thicker than those who do the work.
Sadly what could have been an interesting debate just descended into a shouting match. Neither of the two so-called experts would allow the other to speak and made a point of claiming that absolutely every single thing that the other said was wrong.
Makes you think though… Did this shrieking woman have a point? Are these massively expensive schools just taking people’s money?
 
I didn’t come straight home; I went to Henwood to collect “er indoors TM who was waiting outside a garage in Henwood where her car was in for its MOT. With her collected we came home and I went to bed for the morning.
 
After a few hours in bed I woke (as the dogs crashed off of the bed), made toast, and had a later-than-usual look at the Internet. It was still there.
I had a message from the people who make dog-tracking technology. They were very clear that their dog-tracking thing will not work without an active internet connection. And I had a wry smile at a posting from a chap whose son is doing a project for his music “A” level. How much would people be prepared to pay to go to an open-air festival of bands in Viccie Park, and how would they get there? A difficult question really. Given a decent band then I’d pay. However from experience the open-air festivals in Viccie Park seldom attract decent bands. They tend to attract the likes of “Smeg And The Heads” who generally seem to think that cranking up the volume will hide the fact that they are crap.
And I saw that a puzzle geocache had gone live just before I’d left work this morning and that as I’d come home I’d driven past it. Having taken five minutes to solve it I might have had a cheeky FTF this morning… had I checked my email before I’d left work.
 
I drove “er indoors TM to get her MOT-ed car, and leaving her at the garage I took the dogs for a walk. I had planned on Kings Wood, but it was rather sunny so we went to Orlestone where there was a bit more shade. Again I kept a very close eye on the dogs, and again they (mostly) stayed close.
I managed to post today’s obligatory dog photo to Instagram as well as Facebook; there are several people I know who’ve commented that they only want to bother with one social media platform and have chosen Instagram, so I’m now transmitting to them as well.
That’s nice, isn’t it?
Mind you, being able to transmit from Facebook to Instagram took some setting up.
 
With walk walked we came home, and as the dogs snored I set about the ironing. It don’t iron itself, you know.
“er indoors TM boiled up a very good bit of dinner which we helped down with a bottle of Sainsbury’s rioja whilst watching the first episode of the third season of “Lego Masters: USA” in which one of the competitors was teamed up with his mum… Am I wrong in thinking that was a tad odd?

No comments:

Post a Comment