9 September 2023 (Saturday) - Dog Club and Cider

I had a good eight hours asleep last night, eventually being woken by my alarm telling me “Get your arse out of its pit” (it really does say that).
I got my arse out of its pit, made toast and had my usual rummage round the Internet. I sent out birthday messages, then rolled my eyes as I read the petty bickering. There are various “things” that have been going on for years such as Star Trek, Sparks, Blakes’ Seven, dogs, garden ponds, and for each “thing” this morning there were half a dozen half-wits who had discovered it last week and despite knowing absolutely nothing at all about it was now an expert on the matter. And a posting about spiraling vet bills on a Radio Four Facebook page had descended into petty backbiting over whether dogs or cats make the best pets.
I suppose this is the Internet in a nutshell, isn’t it?
 
We set off for Dog Club. As we drove Steve was doing the “Guess the Lyrics” contest on the radio. I had absolutely no idea what today’s song was.
We got to Dog Club early as I was on opening-up duty, and we had a great time. The dogs all charged about and played. And little Lilly who was so scared and reactive last week is coming on in leaps and bounds.
As we drove home I got the mystery year right away – when did Space 1999 first air? 1975,
 
Once home the dogs were soon fast asleep. Dog Club wore them out. I hung out washing, harvested dog dung, mowed the lawn, and got out the Bionic Burner. As I bionically burned the front garden so a passer-by asked me about the thing. She’d seen the adverts on the telly and thought it looked too good to be true. I told her it was. The gadget burns away the weeds easily enough, but the advert implies that having been burned away, the weeds stay away. They don’t. They grow back just as fast as when you pull the weeds out by hand, but it saves you reaching down and pulling the weeds.
Having bionically burned I had a sweep-up, and then realized I’d spent an hour on “dull”. So I stopped.
 
With the dogs still fast asleep after Dog Club we settled them and drove down to Hastings for a family birthday. An afternoon sitting in the beer garden trying out the fruit ciders worked very well. It would have been good to have stayed later, but I wasn’t happy leaving the dogs. So we came home.
“er indoors TM saw to the dogs; I popped to the kebab shop. We had kebab whilst watching the final of “Bake Off: The Professionalsand the first episode of the remake of “Takeshi’s Castle”.
I might only have one day off this weekend, but I certainly made the most of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment