5 August 2023 (Saturday) - Lazy Rainy Day

Every morning I have a look at the Internet as I scoff toast. I hope to see what friends are doing (because I am incredibly nosey) but more and more the Internet is just one big argument. Today was no exception.
 
Despite the rain showers we got ourselves together and set off to Dog Club. I’d volunteered to take along the poo bag; a trivial and small job but it is something I can do. The rain held off, and the dogs had a great time chasing and playing. Morgan got very over-excited (as he does) and had a time-out. He’s funny – when you tell him “time out!” he comes over looking very shame-faced and has his time-out. Bailey was generally in the thick of things. And Treacle tolerated the other dogs (mostly). We met a beautiful tiny Labrador puppy; we met Mika, Eric, Percy, a couple of Milos and all our friends. It’s funny but I know most of the dogs’ names, but very few of the people’s names.
There was a minor episode right at the end when we found a tick on Treacle’s head. The tick removal tool wasn’t any use at all, so we came home and I got it off with a pair of tweezers. As we drove home Steve was doing the mystery year on the radio… 1978. I got that from the clue about the release of “Evita” (the musical) which for no reason that I can explain I associate with the country walks I used to do at school one afternoon each week rather than take part in any organized games.
 
With the rain getting worse there wasn’t much to be done today. “er indoors TM had a voucher for a free dinner from certain pubs (a birthday pressie from Shepherd Neame). One of them was in Tenterdan, so we had this idea to go hunt out the Adventure Lab geo-series which follows the Kent and East Sussex railway from Bodiam up to Tenterden before having dinner.
We settled the dogs and drove through the rain to Tenterden via Bodiam and all the stations of the K&ESR before popping in to The Vine in Tenterden for dinner. The Vine was surprisingly busy; I must admit I thought the service was a tad slow, but the food was very good. We’ve been there before – must go back again mid-week when they aren’t so busy.
 
We came home through the rain. The dogs weren’t keen on going out for a tiddle, but out they went. Some tiddled, one didn’t. And with the rain showing no sign of letting up I settled on the sofa (underneath the dogs) and watched several episodes of “Four in a Bed”. As usual those running the worst Bed and Breakfasts were the most critical. I love that show – it is so funny watching the opinionated finding fault with others doing a far better job than they are.
 
Having had a rather good bit of dinner earlier we just had some nachos and dips for tea. As we grazed we watched another episode of the new series of “Quantum Leap”. That show is rather good.
 
We had a rather lazy day today. For the first time in weeks (if not months) my step count was under five thousand. I can’t remember the last time I didn’t hit my step goal of six thousand.
I’m a tad concerned that Morgan hasn’t tiddled for eleven hours. I’ve taken him out several times but he hates the rain and stands on the door step wanting to come back in. Short of giving him a good squeeze I’m not sure how to get him to empty out.

No comments:

Post a Comment