15 August 2023 (Tuesday) - So Dull

 

Yesterday evening I did something to my left knee; this morning it was rather painful. I suspect the poor thing is a bit tired having to carry so much weight about. Perhaps I should diet again?
I thought about diet as I had a shave, them made toast and watched an episode of "Shameless" featuring her who played the gobby secretary in "The Brittas Empire". For all that "The Brittas Empire" was a rather good TV show, apart from Chris Barrie and her who played his wife, I think today was the first time I've ever seen anyone else who was in "The Brittas Empire" in any other TV show. Has everyone else been typecast? Possibly. I can remember hearing a story that James Doohan (Scotty in Star Trek) wanted an absolute fortune to appear in the Star Trek movies as he'd never acted after Star Trek.
 
I sparked up my phone and had a little look at the Internet. Someone had asked a rather interesting question on the Garden Ponds UK page - why did she never get any baby fish in her garden pond. I've often wondered why I don't get baby fish in mine. Sadly not one of the fifty people answering the question gave anything other than sarcasm. If I were a moderator on the Garden Ponds UK Facebook page I'd be culling the membership rather heavily.
Mind you I suppose this is why the three Facebook pages I do moderate are so inactive.
 
Seeing no on-line update on that geocache I failed to find yesterday I set off westwards to work. As I drove the pundits on the radio were talking about the latest craze to hit the youth of today - dares on TikTok. Apparently someone other dares the kids to do something, and lemming-like all the kids follow. Last week there was mass shoplifting in London. Previously there's been contests to see who can get themselves hospitalised the longest from deliberately overdosing on paracetamol.
Some so-called expert was wheeled on who wanted to know why the parents weren't getting involved. A valid point, but I can't help but ask what is the school's role in all this. Shouldn't they be teaching the kids right from wrong, and not producing what would seem to be a *lot* of half-wits.
There was also talk about how Donald Trump is facing more criminal charges following his attempt to blag the Presidential election three years ago.  The prevailing opinion was that he should go to jail, but what with the timings of his existing cases and his popularity in the polls it was suggested that he may well be taken to prison from the White House.
That would be entertaining.
 
My phone beeped as I got to work; our Munzee Clan has reached Level Two. A minor result for those who go round sticking bar codes to lamp posts. And realistically getting to Munzee Level Two was the highlight of the day. Work was dull, and being at Pembury meant I couldn’t get home in time to go to the beach this evening for the family beach party…
Not that I’m sulking…

No comments:

Post a Comment