13 August 2023 (Sunday) - Family Day

 

With “er indoors TM and “Darcie Waa Waa TM spending the night in the attic room, all the dogs went up too. Consequently I had the bed to myself and had nine hours asleep. Nine hours. Result.
I was woken by the sound of Darcie having a tantrum shortly after eight o’clock.
 
We all got up and came downstairs. Littlun was repeating “nana nana nana” so thinking she wanted fruit we gave her a banana. She hurled that away; if she doesn’t want something, it gets thrown. Eventually she settled for a bowl of dry cornflakes and shreddies for brekkie with the dogs hoovering up what she didn’t eat. I had a bowl of cornflakes too – not had that for ages. It was rather good.
As we scoffed we watched “Octonauts”; a sub-aqua version of “Paw Patrol”, then went into the garden where we practiced our latest trick; “UP!!!”. For the uninitiated, “UP!!!” involves Darcie’s hands holding your index fingers for support whilst she then walks up and down the garden with you bending over to support her until the pain in your back is insufferable. My back was agony after five minutes.
After a couple of hours of “UP!!!Daddy’s Little Angel TM” arrived and said that “Darcie Waa Waa TM hasn’t really shown much interest in walking up till now. Perhaps we’ve started something here?
 
Needing food, we all drove into the town centre where Big Jake got us all lunch. An all-day breakfast went down rather well. We then drove the most recent fruit of my loins (and her entourage) out to Wye where they were visiting her in-laws.
We came home via the garden centre. Having filled three of the pond’s floating baskets with water cress, only one of them worked, so we got plants for the other two. I’m quite pleased with he pond this year. In the past it has always been a thick green soup over the summer, but this year it is nowhere near as green. I read that (whether I like it or not) a pond is going to have a lot of plant growth in it, and that plant growth can either be plants that I put in there, or floating algae. I’ve put quite a lot of plants into the splash pool and into floating baskets, and there’s a lot less algae this year.
 
With the new plants in place I hung out washing, strimmed the lawn edges, mowed the lawn, cleaned out the pond filter, hung out more washing, and then had a little sit-down.
 
Having had a rather big lunch we weren’t especially hungry this evening, so we scoffed nachos and dips as we watched two episodes of “Lego Masters: New Zealand”. It was rather good – and I pity the judge who has an incredibly difficult job. Mind you I can’t say I’ve agreed with hm very much, but he’s the judge, not me.
 
Today has been rather tiring…

No comments:

Post a Comment