7 December 2018 (Friday) - Busy, Busy


I slept reasonably well for once; I made a point of being up promptly because I needed to make a phone call at eight o’clock. I need another nasal re-bore. On November 4th 2014 I had one. With so many nasal polyps that I couldn’t breathe I had very little choice. Unfortunately they grew back within eighteen months, and I was due for surgery about the same time that I was due to start a new job. So I spoke to the nice lady at the hospital who said they would postpone the operation for a while… what with one thing and another, two years passed and I’d heard nothing. I eventually got through to the ENT clinic on Wednesday who said that because I’d left it too long I have to go back to the GP and start again. (*I’d* left it too long?).
The GP receptionist said that they would start the process and I didn’t need to see the GP when I phoned them, but they phoned me back an hour later to say that because I hadn’t been to see them for a few years they wanted to see me. Just in case. However they flatly refused to make an appointment at the time, and said I should phone on the morning of any day that suited me. I hinted that the reason they hadn’t seen me for years was that making an appointment isn’t easy, but they were having none of it.
However I managed to make an appointment for mid-day today.

Within minutes of "er indoors TM" setting off for work the dogs went mad as there was a knock on the door. The nice man from the plumber had come to service the boiler. You know it is nearly Christmas when the boiler gets serviced. The nice man fiddled about for twenty minutes (as he does every year) and was soon on his way.

My plan had been to then walk the dogs, but the rain was somewhat torrential, so I gave that idea a miss. Instead I had a look at the accounts, put some washing in to scrub, created a Google Document, loaded up some rubbish into the car, took old toys to the YMCA charity shop, did a tip run, bought new trousers and went to the doctor.
Doctors these days aren’t what they used to be. Back in the day they wouldn’t look like a passing vagrant. But I explained the story of my nose to the quack. He peered up it and told me there was a bloody great polyp up there (as though that was news to me). He said that because it was so huge, corticosteroid sprays wouldn’t be any good as it was blocking up the airway. He told me there was nothing to worry about, but he was going to refer me to the ENT people at the hospital. He seemed quite crestfallen when I said that I knew all of this, and that I was only there for the referral.
I wonder how long it will take.

I took the dogs round the road. It was still raining so we didn’t go far. Three dogs all on leads is hard work. I scoffed a sandwich whilst watching “Prison Break” then laid out the Lego train track. The basic shape is a circle seventy centimetres in diameter, I’ve identified a space; I’ve just got to clear out the rubbish now and get a table.

"er indoors TM" boiled up some fish and chips. I’ve been rather busy on a day off…  

No comments:

Post a Comment