13 December 2018 (Thursday) - Rather Dull


After a reasonable night’s kip I opened my advent calendar, then watched last week’s episode of “South Park”. It was quite entertaining, but again I had the sneaking suspicion that I’d understand it a *lot* more if I was American.
Not much had kicked off on Facebook this morning (for once) so I took the opportunity to post a couple of birthday messages. I also looked at my Nectar account. The nice people at Nectar must have read my whinging from the other day as they’ve given me the bonus points that they promised. It is now one month since I got my Nectar account; in that time I have accrued points worth seven pounds and twenty-four pence. That might not seem much, but it is the price of a half-way decent bottle of plonk, and it is something for nothing.

With no emails of note I got dressed and set off, wondering where I’d left my car last night.

With the ice scraped off of my car I set off to work. As I drove, the pundits on the radio were interviewing Ian Duncan-Smith; a former leader of the Conservative party who had himself been ousted by a vote of no confidence. Just like the one the Prime Minster won last night. He was banging on about although he'd voted to give her the heave-ho, he never intended for her to get the push. He just felt she needed a short sharp shock. But it was clear from the others being interviewed that yesterday's snap vote of confidence in the Prime Minister was just a temporary diversion. The fact remains that her Brexit withdrawal bill is still dead in the water.
The Prime Minister is off to Brussels today to flog a dead horse, and the vote on her dead horse is now delayed until January. The whole Brexit thing is getting rather tedious now.

I did my bit at work. As I came out I looked into the sky wondering if I could see this comet that is supposedly up there somewhere in the general vicinity of the Pleiades.
I couldn't see it. You never can see these supposedly wonderful astronomical thingies. That's one of the reasons I packed up with the astro club. (That and the rather nasty and bitter personal attacks and being utterly blanked…)

With "er indoors TM" off at craft club this evening I shared my dinner with my dogs, then reminded myself of how Wherigos work.
Some days in my life are rather special. Days like today make me appreciate those days…

No comments:

Post a Comment