5 August 2015 (Wednesday) - Stuff

"Furry Face TM" had a woofing fit at 3.45am. Something outside had bothered him. In the past it was uncomfortable having him on the bed, but when he was there it was easier to quiten him down than it is when he is in his basket. I didn't really get much sleep after that.
Over brekkie I watched Billie Piper's stunt double "flopping them out" (to coin a phrase) in "Secret Diary of a Call Girl". As I scoffed so I brushed my dog. He's a short-haired breed; all the books say he shouldn't need quite so much brushing but he seems to like it.

I set off to work and found my car right outside the house. That was odd; I can distinctly remember parking it a hundred yards up the road when I came home yesterday evening.
As I drove the radio was abuzz. The knives are out for the corpse of Sir Edward Heath; but one of the people being interviewed actually admitted that any investigation of his supposed wrongdoings with children was going to be hampered by the fact that the's been dead for ten years and it all happened fifty years ago.

It struck me as amazing that this needed to be pointed out. I've often remarked that (like so many others) I wouldn't be above accusing (for financial gain) a celebrity of having interfered with me. If only I could find one who would have had the opportunity but would have no hope of securing an alibi. I've finally found someone. A celebrity who was a household name and who was demonstrably in my vicinity when I was a child.
There are a few people who remember a supermarket in Hastings called "Dickies Discount" It was formally opened in 1974 by the wombles. I was there. They arrived on a double decker bus, and in all the excitement Wellington Womble took me to one side had his wicked way with me.
Or (to be precise) let's see him try to prove he didn't...

I got to work, and didn't really put myself out much. I did do some homework at lunchtime; I've decided to get my brain going I've started working on a diploma in biomedical science specialising in biochemistry and transfusion science; areas I'm not especially strong in. It keeps my brain going, gives me something to do and at thirty quid for three years its somewhat cheaper than fifty quid a month on saxophone lessons.

Once home I took "Furry Face TM" for a walk round the park. We met a pug called Leroy and played with him for a little. There was nearly an embarrassing incident in the co-op field where my dog mistook golf practice for "fetch", but fortunately the kids involved picked up their golf balls.

As I walked I got a text message from the mobile phone people. A few weeks ago they gave me a portable phone charger which when exhausted they claimed I could take into any of their shops to get a fully charged one. A couple of weeks ago I whinged that I couldn't actually find any of their shops willing to honour this agreement. Today they messaged me to recall the charger; apparently the things overheat and explode. They claim the fault is restricted to batch E1-06 which is the very batch my one is from.

"er indoors TM" phoned; a new geocache had gone live. I suggested she chase the FTF on her way home without me; I was feeling rather tired. Had my dog not declared "Red Alert" at 3.45am things might have been different. But she got it.

Over a rather good bit of dinner we watched the last episode of "Humans"; they've left it open for a second series, but it was a shame that in the end BattleStar Galactica did it better...

No comments:

Post a Comment