3 May 2015 (Sunday) - Still at Camp

I have mentioned before how depressing I find the sound of rain on a tent. Despite being incredibly tired it wasn't long before I was laying (wide awake) listening to the rain. I went for a tiddle at 2.50am, and finally gave up trying to sleep shortly after 5.30am. I got up, saw last night's washing-up still waiting to be done, and had a shower. Once scrubbed I managed an hour's sleep in the mess tent before doing the washing-up myself (again).

We had a rather late brekkie; the ongoing rain meant that most of the morning's plans were off. So we slobbed about. The Rear Admiral left us at mid-morning, and shortly after that the rain stopped. The forecast was for a fine afternoon, so pausing only briefly to collect Lisa from the train station we went out to the village of Penshurst for a little walk. As we walked we saw World War II pill boxes and deer.

After a quick bit of rather good tea we walked down to the evening's event; a quiz. With thirty-odd teams taking part I think it's fair to say we didn't disgrace ourselves.
And again the beer flowed till midnight; somehow or other I wound up modelling my onsie. The garment seems to have developed something of a cult following...

No comments:

Post a Comment