2 August 2009 (Sunday) - The Day After

I woke shortly after 8am to the sound of voices in the living room. Voices I didn’t recognise at first. Close on a dozen people had stayed the night after last night’s session. I wish I’d known that was going to happen – I would have arranged a full English breakfast for everyone.

And then it was time to clear away the carnage. “Daddies Little Angel TM ” lost two nails, one camping chair didn’t survive last night, and one umbrella didn’t survive me taking it down this morning. And I had to rebuild the containment of one of the water features. All things considered, not too bad.

Normally a large amount of tidying away would have happened immediately after the session, but everything was waterlogged last night. This morning was glorious, and by 10am gazebos and chairs were dry and were put away. In fact the only thing still left to go away is Chip’s gurt umbrella-thingy. I would have taken it back home for him, but I can’t quite figure out how to disassemble it.


With four dustbin bags of party rubbish and another four bags of empty bottles we popped round the skip to get shot of it all. The local cats will rip open any bin bags just in case there’s something worth having inside them, and with the amount of half eaten sausages and burgers that was in them, the bags wouldn’t have lasted half an hour.

The local cats are a real problem. It’s got so’s anything we have with bones in, after the meal we throw the bones in the front garden so that the cats don’t have to muck about ripping open bags to get at the bones.


And then as it was a lovely day me and ‘er indoors TM cycled the scenic route to Shadoxhurst for a pint of the mild and a bowl of the olives….


No comments:

Post a Comment