3 November 2022 (Thursday) - Munzing in the Rain

When I let the puppies out to do their thing (at half past five!) I saw the rain had stopped, so I settled them with “er indoors TM and went off on a little mission before work. Today was the start of the Munzee Clan War. I needed to capture two Qrates very early in the month, and being the third of the month I could get some Qrewzees too... the way Munzee is played can be rather complicated (unlike geocaching which really is just finding a film pot under a rock).
I got two Qrates in Stanhope. As I found one, a passing driver stopped and asked if I was OK. I assured him I was, but he stayed parked, staring at me as though I was some sort of weirdo.  Doesn't everyone use their phone to scan the back of a street sign in the dark before dawn?
Once he finally shoved off I drove down to Bethersden for two Qrewzees and a Sleepzee (as one does). I had hoped to deploy in Pembury, but the overnight rain which had stopped came back with a vengeance so I contented myself with four Qrewzees before going to Tesco (as I'd forgotten to bring any lunch).
I parked up, and walked a couple of hundred yards out of my way to get round the ankle-deep flood to get to the supermarket. Once I'd got what I wanted, seeing none of the tills were staffed I asked a passing manager (or so her name badge said) if any of the tills were open. I was directed to one of the tills and was told someone would be over. The manager-type walked off; I heard the word "SERIOUSLY!" shouted, and a woman with a face like a slapped arse stomped angrily to the till, glaring at me and muttering about why some people couldn't use the self-service tills.
 
As I'd driven from bar-code-on-lamp-post to bar-code-on-lamp-post (and then on to Tesco) I'd been listening to the pundits on the radio as I do. There was an article about how people with strong and broad accents feel that are looked down on by the rest of society...
This was followed by a woman from "Oop Norf" talking about the advertising which is appearing on Netflix. She was talking about how various "brons" were reacting to this... After a few minutes the interviewer made it clear that when she was saying "brons" she actually meant "brands"... Accents?
There was a lot of talk about the scandal of the overcrowding of the migrant centre at Manston. It was alleged that officials from there have been taking migrants and dumping them on the streets of London following the discovery of a dozen of them at Victoria station yesterday all (so it was claimed) rather dazed and confused. So much for border control, eh?
My piss did boil at the "Yesterday in Parliament" bit when they broadcast excerpts from yesterday's "Prime Minister's Question Time". Have you ever heard it? What is the point of it? It doesn't actually achieve anything, does it? Members of Parliament just attempt to embarrass the Prime Minister (whoever it is this week) and either do so, or make idiots of themselves in the attempt. Their squabbling is rather pathetic; I found myself reminded of “My Boy TM and “Daddy’s Little Angel TM”'s quarrelling when they were six years old, and I used to deal with it with smacked arses all round and sending them to bed.
Perhaps someone should smack the arses of the Prime Minister and the Leader of the Opposition and send them to bed? A job for our new King, perhaps?
 
Having had my Munzee mission rained off I had a little time on my hands so I went to the works canteen for the brekkie... it wasn't bad, but it didn't sit well. To be honest it rarely does.
I did that which I couldn't avoid, then (seeing the rain had slackened off to only a medium monsoon) took a few minutes pumping up the car's tyres before coming home. As I'd approached the works car park this morning the car told me that the tyre pressures were low, but I didn't fancy pumping them up in the  torrential rain of the morning.
And with tyres pumped to the car's satisfaction I set off homewards through thirty miles of thick fog; rather amazed at the amount of cars that had skidded off the roads into ditches and hedges along the route home.
 
A decent bit of dinner, “Lego Masters: Australia” on the telly… Hope this rain stops soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment