26 November 2022 (Saturday) - Rather Busy

One of the first things that appeared in my Facebook feed this morning was a suggestion that I might like to follow some councillor or other. Bearing in mind I’d never heard of the chap I wondered why Facebook thought I might be interested in him… it turned out he was the councillor for the area a mile up the road, and I’d never heard of him. This got me wondering about who was my local councillor… I found out who she was. She doesn’t have a presence on social media, but was apparently the local mayor a few years ago. I can vaguely remember writing to her to complain about something or other, and her reply was along the lines that she had no power to do anything at all about anything at all and that I should take my bellyaching to the county council.

I found my county councillor; he seems quite active on social media.
And then I wondered why I’d spent twenty minutes looking up councillors about whom I have no interest whatsoever.
 
“er indoors TM and Treacle both came to Dog Club with me and the puppies this morning. The session we go to is for puppies, small dogs and timid dogs, so we thought Treacle might get some benefit from it. It has to be said she’s not good with other dogs in that she’s generally terrified of them. She snapped at one or two that came too close, but everyone there was understanding, and she allowed several dogs to come up and say hello. Morgan had a whale of a time; charging round in the thick of all the chaos. It was a shame that Bailey sneaked off a couple of times, once to eat a rather large lump of poo, and once to eat a dead bird. But as I said yesterday, dogs are foul creatures.
 
We came home, washed the fox poo off of Morgan, settled the dogs (who were soon fast asleep after their adventure) and set off to Folkestone. Steve wasn’t on the radio this morning; his replacement (sadly) wasn’t very good.
We went to see Jose and Maria. We don’t see anywhere near enough of them these days. Maria had cooked up a very good bit of brekkie, and with it scoffed we sat and put the world to rights before getting Jose’s Alexa to do a variety of farting noises. Jose had a spare Alexa (which came with his doorbell). Did  we want it? Yes please !!!
 
From there we went (via the KFC’s take away department) to visit “Daddy’s Little Angel TM”, “Stormageddon – Bringer of Destruction TMand “Darcie Waa Waa TM. The most recent fruit of my loin was poorly (so she claimed), and once we’d scoffed KFC we played “Worms” on the Play Station. Or (to be honest) “Daddy’s Little Angel TM” and “Stormageddon – Bringer of Destruction TMplayed “Worms” on the Play Station. I took turns in randomly struggling with the handset until one of my worms blew itself up, then passed the handset on.
I then dozed off, only to be woken by a very worried “Daddy’s Little Angel TM” who was under the impression that if I went to sleep without my CPAP machine it might be fatal for me. She didn’t realise the thing keeps me asleep, it doesn’t keep me alive.
 
We came home, plugged in the new Alexa, and whilst she updated herself we went up to Ashford where the “Festival of the Baubles” was taking place. You can see some photos of the event by clicking here. It was… How can I best describe it? One of the little old ladies in the crowd told her mate that this year’s parade was far better than last year’s. I can only imagine last year’s was something of a disappointment. For example you could tell from which school the various groups came by seeing a bored teacher holding the name of the school typed on a sheet of A4 paper nailed to a bit of wood. How long would it have taken to make a decent poster? And I didn’t see any scout groups along – weren’t they invited? Back in the day this would have been the sort of thing the 6th Ashford would have lapped up.
Even allowing for a trip to Aldi on the way home we were back home only an hour after we went up to see the procession.
 
Once home we saw that Alexa had updated herself, so (to “er indoors TM”’s disgust) to check she was working I got her to do twenty-one fart sounds and then play “My Grandfather’s Frock” by Ivor Biggun. Happy that the important things were functional I shall sort out dull things like weather forecasts and news bulletins tomorrow..

No comments:

Post a Comment