24 November 2022 (Thursday) - Bit Dull

What with having done a night shift and then shifted a decent helping of red wine yesterday evening I slept like a log last night; only waking when “er indoors TM and Treacle had some sort of a fight (which Treacle won) shortly after half past six this morning.
I got up, saw to the puppies, and left them bothering “er indoors TM as I made toast and watched telly. Today I started on the third season of "Stranger Things". The first two seasons both featured mad scientists having unleashed untold terrors after meddling with two different sorts of things that they should have left well alone. It came as no surprise that the third season started with more mad scientists meddling with a third sort of thing which would also have been best left well alone.
 
I set off for work. As I drove, I listened to the pundits on the radio who were rather excited. Apparently historians have discovered a whole new Roman Emperor. It would seem that historians of old had been very quiet about  Sponsian, and not much is really known about him, other than that his face appears on quite a few Roman coins that have hitherto been thought to have been fakes.
There’s a moral in there somewhere, I expect…
There was also talk about "Upstairs Downstairs" star Meg Wynne Owen who apparently had died over the summer. It turns out that she had granted power of attorney to some friend eight years ago, and said friend had milked her for pretty much all she was worth.
There’s a moral in there too…
 
I got to work where there was cake. As I scoffed it at tea break I had a look at the Internet and saw that “Goddess Rose” (the epically-chested cross eye’s object that had messaged me a few days ago) had gone from Facebook, which was probably a result for the morally upright community.
 
With work worked I came home and as “er indoors TM boiled up dinner I had a look at the monthly accounts. The gas and leccie company have made a payment of sixty-six quid into my bank account. I would say that was kind of them, but it turns out this is a bung from the government which comes in six instalments.
To be honest, I don’t much care who it is coming from… I’ll just take it anyway. But I would prefer cake… Sixty-six quid’s worth,,,
 
Today was a tad dull…

No comments:

Post a Comment