13 November 2022 (Sunday) - Collapsing Stool

I woke at five o’clock to the sound of “YOU SLLAAGG!!!” being continuously screamed. I peeped out of the window and saw two young ladies shoving each other about in the middle of the road. After a few minutes the shoving stopped and one of them squatted and had a tiddle in the gutter whilst the other continued to shriek at her. With tiddle tiddled the shoving resumed (presumably it is bad form to attack your protagonist whilst they tiddle?) but it was only half-heartedly, and after a minute or so the one that hadn’t had a tiddle stormed off down the road; presumably to find a more secluded spot for her tiddle.
I didn’t really get back to sleep after that.
 
I made toast and had a little look at the Internet. Facebook is slowly filling up with all sorts of Christmas songs and memes… I wish it wouldn’t. Every year the Christmas hype starts earlier and earlier, and by the time Christmas actually arrives I really am sick of it all. If everyone else likes Christmas going on for ever, that’s fine, but they do spoil it for some other people. Half a dozen people on my Facebook list are now “snoozed for thirty days”.
There was quite the rant going on in one of the Hastings-related Facebook pages about why the volunteers at the Hastings YMCA shop weren’t doing something or other. The specifics of the squabble are irrelevant, but it amazes me that so many people are so quick to find fault with what others do, and so few people are prepared to actually do anything themselves.
 
I then posted a rant to the local geocaching page. I’ve got notifications set up for any new caches appearing within thirty miles of home, and ten miles of where I work in Maidstone and in Tunbridge Wells. And I’ve also got notifications set up for any “Needs Archiving” logs that appear in those areas too…
The “Needs Archiving” logs are coming far more often that the notices of new caches (which are very few and far between)… And in large part the “Needs Archiving” logs are from reasonably experienced cachers (with finds in the hundreds) who have hidden nothing themselves. So we’ve got people active in the hobby who are actively trying to close it down…
The thing used to be fun…
 
We took the dogs up to Kings Wood where we met Karl and Tracey and had a little wander round some of the paths we don’t often walk. It was good to explore the parts of the woods we rarely get to, even if the puppies were a little over-excited.
I took a few photos as we walked.
It was a shame that the collapsible stool I bought over the summer collapsed underneath me so spectacularly on only its second outing… that was twenty quid down the toilet. I’ve asked for a refund. Bet I don’t get one.
 
Once home “er indoors TM bathed the dogs and had a cuppa which we downed with some of that rather good bread that she boiled up yesterday.
As she then had a bit of a kip I carried on with my job application, then wrote up a little CPD. That took a few hours.
 
Over a rather good bit of dinner we watched the final of “Lego Masters: Australia” and the second episode of “The Crown”. The dogs slept through Lego, but both girls seemed absolutely fascinated with “The Crown”. Who would have thought that dogs would like Netflix drama?
 
My back hurts… I wonder if the stool did me a mischief when it collapsed?

No comments:

Post a Comment