2 November 2022 (Wednesday) - Bit Dull Really

Again I found myself wide awake far too early. The puppies were rather obliging this morning and we didn’t have to stand outside in the cold and dark for *too* long before coming back in.
I made toast, watched an episode of “Big Mouth” then had a look at the Internet as I do most mornings. One day it will be amazingly different… but not today. The religious adverts were out in force today. I used to be religious once… The local Facebook community groups were naming and shaming burglars by sharing their photos (supplied by Kent police). I must admit that seems like a good idea… all the time that it is a real burglar and not some innocent whose photo is being shared. As I pootled on-line so “er indoors TM came to and fro with various consignments of dog sick (to throw down the loo); something had upset the dogs’ bellies overnight. From personal experience I’d rather deal with dog sick than from the other end. I mention this in case any of my loyal readers are considering getting a dog. Don’t ever let it be said that I paint a rosy picture of dog life… they can be foul creature, you know.
I perused the Munzee map to plan a trip for tomorrow morning (when it is a Qrewzee day!) then got ready for work.
 
As I drove to work the pundits on the radio were all a-twitter about the revelation that no end of  people with criminal records and all sorts of sexual predators have been allowed into the police force. It's no secret that I've a very low opinion of the Old Bill based on quite a few personal experiences of them, but I had no idea that things were as bad as they seem to be. Perhaps the time has come to bring in some proper public oversight of what they get up to?
 
And there was a lot of talk about Matt Hancock. One-time Minister for Health, Rushi Sunak overlooked him when setting up his new government a week or so ago, so with nothing better to do he's signed up for the new series of "I'm A Celebrity". Understandably he's now had the Conservative whip withdrawn and now sits as an independent MP... or he would if he was doing the job he's being paid to do rather than having pissed off to the jungle for a far more lucrative option... whilst (presumably) still taking the money he gets paid for being an MP.
 
I got to work and did my bit, despite having the Pantosaurus song stuck in my head all day long. How do you shift an earworm?
I feel worn out… If only I could be asleep when I should be asleep I  wouldn’t be nodding off when I should be awake…

No comments:

Post a Comment