23 August 2020 (Sunday) - Back to Reality

 

I slept like a log last night; partly being back in my own bed, and partly having a CPAP machine blasting air down my nose. After ten hours asleep I came downstairs to find that one of the dogs couldn’t wait any more, and there were two huge piles of poo by the back door. You can’t tell them off for that – the culprit had clearly tried to go to the right place, and it only took a couple of seconds to clear up.

I put more washing in and (pausing only briefly to repair the toaster) made myself some brekkie before peering into the Internet.

 

Facebook was much the same as ever. That which I’d posted last night had got quite a lot of likes, but very few people were posting up anything about that which they might have done over the last few days. A shame – being a nosey person I like to see what others get up to.

As always, the petty bickering continued on the national geocaching page as people got more and more nasty to each other, safe in the knowledge that they would never have to face their protagonists.

The same posts about Lego had been re-posted to every Lego Facebook page know to science; and the same was true of fishing, Sparks (the band) and local news. In fact this morning I probably saw the same half-dozen posts about fifty times. It’s a shame I can’t somehow filter these.

 

I rolled my eyes somewhat as I checked my emails… just as we were about to go on holiday I’d had a report that one of my geocaches had issues. A fence had been put up blocking it off. I wrote on the relevant website that the thing had issues. I disabled it and said that I would replace it when I could and if in the meantime anyone passing could fix it for me I would be grateful.

Another of my caches seemed to be missing. Again I’d said that if anyone was passing they might like to sort it out.

Several people have passed both in the week. Not one had done the decent thing; all had merely repeated the comments about the issues they had. And all of those people have found plenty of film pots under rocks but not hidden any themselves. There are those who contribute to the ancient and honourable art of stuffing film pots under rocks, and there are those who take from it. Much like life in general really.

 

I hung out washing and put more in to scrub, then hung that out too. With a third load on the go we took the dogs out to Singleton to sort the issues on those geocaches of mine. Sure enough one was missing and one was now behind a fence. To be fair the dogs needed a short walk today, but anyone passing could have fixed the issues in less time than it took them to write about it on-line, and saved us an hour or so which would be better spent on other things.

 

We came home, fetched in dry washing and hung out wet, then put even more in to scrub whilst I did the geo-admin that went with the geo-maintenance. As I fiddled about on-line I had a friend request on Facebook from some very dubious looking “person” but before I could get a screen shot of him/her/it their profile was suddenly deleted. Which was probably for the best.

 

I started pootling in the garden, but the forecast rain came two hours early, so I came in and whilst "er indoors TM" went shopping I started ironing the epic loads of laundry that I’d washed. It only took a couple of hours. I finished just as "er indoors TM" returned, and it was then that I realised that the rain had come to nothing, so I pootled in the garden. I say “pootled” ;“cut back all of not-so-nice-next-door”’s overgrowth is closer to the truth.

 

We had a rather good bit of dinner rather early, and as "er indoors TM" tuned into some epic four-hour podcast I watched a film. “2036: Origin Unknown” was a strange sci-fi film. Starring “Starbuck” from “BattleStar Galactica” it didn’t really have any other cast members. It was rather derivative of many other sci-fi films, but that is probably true of all sci-fi films. I quite liked it, and watched it all without falling asleep, which speaks volumes.

 

For all that I haven’t really done anything today, I feel rather worn out... I do hope I’m not sickening for something. I think a rather active holiday has taken its toll. The dogs have all been rather subdued today too.

No comments:

Post a Comment