15 August 2020 (Saturday) - Netheravon

 

The trouble with having hurt your back is that you tend to get into a position so that it doesn’t hurt, and then not move. I did that for much of the night and over brekkie.

As I scoffed brekkie I peered into the Internet. People were posting on the Lego sites showing off their bargains. Some chap had got a Lego train set for fifteen quid (usual price over a hundred quid) purely because the box was ripped. I wouldn’t even want the box.

I sent out a few birthday wishes and got ready for the off.

 

With the car finally loaded up we left the fruits of our loin in charge at home and set off up the motorway aiming for darkest Wiltshire. As we drove we Munzee-ed like things possessed, gaining over twenty-five thousand Munz points (which was quite the achievement). After an hour or so the torrential rain hit, which was when we realised I’d left my coat at home.

Pausing only briefly at Cobham services we were soon at Netheravon where we met Karl, Tracey and all of the girls, and we set off on a little wander.

 

We hadn’t been walking long when the rain hit; I blagged "er indoors TM"’s raincoat which I somehow squeezed into. We sheltered under trees, but after a few minutes decided to just keep going anyway, and that was when the rain stopped.

We had a rather good walk despite the iffy weather. Exploring an area we’d never visited before I was rather disappointed that we didn’t meet any of the tanks that the signposts had warned up about.

Geocache-wise the walk was something of a disappointment; the chap who’d hidden the caches had clearly lost interest years ago, but we got a guided walk, and that is never a bad thing.

 

We then drove for fifteen minutes to Pewsey where we found our home for the week. It was a rather pretty cottage which we explored (there was a surprising lot to explore), before phoning the local pub to ask them to cook our dinner.

They did, and as we scoffed it the nice man from Tesco arrived with shopping.

Beer, port… you can see some photos of the day here.

 

It’s a shame my back still hurts…

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment