6 August 2020 (Thursday) - After the Night Shift


As I drove home after the night shift the pundits on the radio were talking about how both Facebook and Twitter have put curbs on President Trump’s accounts after he has been spouting factually completely wrong stuff about COVID-19. As I mentioned a few days ago, President Tump seems to be doing his level best to lose the upcoming election.

I drove to the garage where I met one of life’s “special” people. With her nose hanging out of her face mask she demanded that I stepped back because she felt I was too close. I smiled sweetly, then loudly pointed out the error of her ways before leaving my car with the nice people at the garage.

 

"er indoors TM" drove me home where I put the leads on to the dogs. With my car up on blocks, Orlestone Woods wasn’t possible. Instead we walked round to the co-op field where we met OrangeHead. She asked after Fudge and commented that she hadn’t seen us for a while. I said that the park had become too much like hard work with all the “special people” who know nothing about dogs demanding that they have the entire park for themselves and their pampered princesses. I explained that down at Orlestone it seems that you only get people who understand what dogs are like. A bit of barking, and then it is all over whereas at the park one dog barks and you are branded as a cruel owner of an evil dog. OrangeHead agreed entirely; it would seem that since I stopped walking round the park the place has got a whole lot worse. She wished she could drive so she could walk her dog elsewhere.

I suppose I could have offered?

 

We came home. As I left work I’d bought iced spicy buns. We had them with a cuppa whilst I checked out the Internet. There was a new series of geocaches not five miles from home. Each one requiring a little puzzle to solve. They can’t be as hard as that geo-jigsaw I’m struggling with.

I gave myself a quick haircut, then went to bed where I slept for about three hours.

 

I got up, wasted another hour on that geo-jigsaw then started puzzling out the new geo-puzzles. They seem rather straightforward. Then out came the ironing board. I ironed for a couple of hours whilst watching episodes of “Good Girls” until the garage phoned and "er indoors TM" drove me over to collect my car.

A good servicing, replacement of oil filters, bulbs, wiper blades, screen wash, oil a new suspension coil (?). A re-gas of the air-con, and they fished a shard of plastic out of the key hole. On the one hand it is all stuff I wouldn’t know how to do for myself. On the other hand it is several hundred quid I would rather be spending on Lego.

 

Once home again I geo-puzzled until it cooled down, then spent a couple of hours in the garden moving shingle. With the new fence scheduled for next week and a heatwave forecast, if I didn’t make a start this evening I’d never get the shingle scraped back in time.

And with most (but not all) of the shingle scraped back I collapsed in front of the telly. I’ll try to get the job finished tomorrow. If I can move. I can’t right now…

No comments:

Post a Comment