17 August 2020 (Monday) - Morgan's Hill

 

 

The plan was an early start to beat the rain. I got up at six o’clock to find it was already raining. I spent five minutes unloading the dishwasher and was rather baffled as to where I should put one thing I found in the dishy. After a few minutes I realised that what I had discovered was actually an integral part of the dishy; one of its wheels had fallen off. I saw that as somewhat allegorical of my life, made myself a cuppa and (despite being on holiday) had a little look at the Internet. It was much the same as it ever was.

As I pootled both Fudge and Pogo came down, asked to go out (as dogs do) and came back in again. Treacle came down to show off what sock she’d stolen and ran off before I could catch her.

 

It wasn’t long before everyone was up, and we had a particularly good cooked brekkie. You really can’t beat a fry-up. The dogs had some too; they were funny. They didn’t like the grilled tomato, so each of them just took it out of their bowl and left it to one side.

 

The weather forecast said it would soon be raining, so we got going as quickly as we could and made out way to Morgan’s Hill where we had a rather good walk. I had hoped that “Hannah” would have stayed programmed from yesterday, but she didn’t. Never mind; my phone’s GC Droid saved the day. As we walked we looked down on some rather spectacular views, we saw hawks and deer. This was a very good walk – the dogs were able to run off of their leads for some six miles.

 

We came home via Morrisons in Devizes. We had planned to come home via the Stonehenge brewery but they only open their shop on Saturdays. I had phoned then, and a rather disinterested chap said that they could deliver beer to us… on Friday.

 

Having obtained supplies we then sat in the garden for a rather glorious afternoon during which the forecast rain never came. I got my boots polished, we played with the dogs, Treacle got herself locked in the shed (how?!)

And we had a particularly good dinner of pizza, salad and cream cakes washed down with more beer, and I shared some cheese with the dogs as we downed a glass of port.

I woke up to find I was fast asleep…

I took quite a few photos today.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment