25 December 2019 (Wednesday) - Christmas Day


I woke for a tiddle at five o’clock. I chivvied Sid out who had a tiddle of his own, then came back in and crapped on the carpet.
I cleared it all up, and went back to bed.

Even though it was Christmas I still had toast and peered at the Internet. I was hoping and expecting Facebook to be filled with pictures of happy families with loads of pressies. There were a few, but there was no end of posts on the local pages about the real and imagined crimes which had supposedly taken place yesterday.

I got dressed, drove out to Canterbury to collect "Daddy’s Little Angel TM" and then on to Folkestone where we collected "Stormageddon - Bringer of Destruction TM". We came home, and played Lego for a while whilst "er indoors TM" boiled up a rather good Christmas dinner before returning "Daddy’s Little Angel TM" and "Stormageddon - Bringer of Destruction TM" back from whence they’d come.

With the day’s driving done I settled in front of the telly with a can of mild and a bottle of stout to wash down the left-over Christmas dinner, and fell asleep in front of “Carry on Camping”.
I woke just in time for us to pop round the corner for an evening with Brian and Rachel. We sat in front of the open fire and had a rather good evening which got progressively more vague as time rolled on.

Not the busiest of Christmases… I wonder what we’ll do next time?

No comments:

Post a Comment