8 September 2017 (Friday) - Wet

I had a good night’s sleep; if somewhat troubled by rather vivid dreams. Over brekkie I watched the first episode of “Henry IX”; a (supposed) comedy about a fictional king of England who has had enough of it. It was entertaining enough even if I did spend much of the time trying to work out in which other shows most of the cast had starred.
However my viewing was somewhat disturbed by the puppy who was having great fun in dropping heavy toys down the stairs, then sprinting noisily down the stairs to get the heavy toys and take them back upstairs only to drop them again. It seemed to be a really fun game; though perhaps not the best pastime for 6.30am.

I then sparked up my lap-top to see if I’d missed much overnight. The latest album by Sparks had been released to rave reviews across the world. I first heard their music in 1974; there aren’t many bands from back then that are still doing as well today. I’ve downloaded he album on MP3; a far cry from buying scratched vinyl Sparks LPs from flea markets in Brighton in 1982. Mind you I can remember buying their album “,,, In Outer Space” in Bromley in 1983 and then being late to college, and I took a day off work in 1997 to go to London to buy their album “Plagarism”.

As I drove off to work there was someone on the radio pontificating about the effect that Britain's leaving will have on the rest of the EU. It was rather thought provoking; did the interviewer really say "Thank you Jimmy Nail"? I wouldn't have thought him to be overly politically aware?

I took a circuitous route to the petrol station to fill the car. I had to take a circuitous route as the petrol station is inconveniently positioned along a one-way system. Just as I was finishing filling the car I watched a car coming the wrong way along the one-way system, enter the petrol station through the exit, and then try to do a three-point turn which eventually ended up being more along the lines of a nine- or eleven-point turn to get to the petrol pumps.
I paid for my petrol and walked back to my car scoffing a choccie bar I'd bought myself. The idiot middle-aged woman who'd driven so dangerously was filling her car with petrol. She had a go at me for eating chocolate so early in the morning. I told her it was my reward for driving the right way along a one-way system. "Oh, don't you start" she replied. "I'm fed up with everyone always having a go at me about that". And then she started a tirade about how she refuses to follow the one-way system as it would force her to make a two-minute detour to get from her house to the petrol station.  Personally I'd take the two minutes and not get a driving ban for driving like a twit, but I decided to keep my opinion to myself.

I drove to work through the rain, and once at work had a rather good day. Work days are (mostly) all good days now I'm not being micro-managed within an inch of my life. Mind you I did have to go for a training session at mid-day which involved walking to another building. I should have brought a coat to work today; I got soaked.

I also got soaked this evening when we took the dogs for a walk round the park. The pups didn’t seem to mind the rain, but we got drenched…


No comments:

Post a Comment