20 September 2017 (Wednesday) - Back to Reality

Much as I liked being away, you can’t beat your own bed and your own toilet. Especially my toilet as you are allowed to throw bogroll down it. You aren’t supposed to do that in Greece. Why on Earth not?

I woke this morning to find myself in a rather awkward position. I had twisted myself into all sorts of contortions overnight in order to make the dogs comfortable. Over a rather demure brekkie (compared to what I’ve had over the last week) I sorted out my holiday photos. There was a minor problem in that the date on my digital camera is wrong. I managed to sort the piccies into the correct days; I wonder how I change the date one the camera?

I got dressed and walked (through a morning that wasn’t oh-so-hot) to my car and drove into town. A five-minute drive took twenty minutes; no one had told me there were major road works by the railway station.

I made my way to SpecSavers and was a tad miffed to be told I was late. I wasn’t late. I was five minutes early. But in their world they expect people to arrive ten minutes before the appointment for all sorts of pre-eye-test tests.
Still, I passed them, so that was good.
I then got in to see the proper optician at the time the appointment was booked for, and she did a lot less farting about than they have done in the past. She told me that my vision was totally unchanged since my last test two years ago, but she still recommended I got new glasses as my current ones don’t have an anti-reflective coating, and the frame is wearing through. I told her I’d think about it; if the prescription is unchanged I don’t *really* need new glasses, do I?

I then drove out to Park Farm; whilst I was away I’d had a report that one of my geocaches had gone missing. Would I replace it? I had a look; it had gone. Would I replace it? No. I’ve archived it. I’m slowly getting over my sulk about how Geo-HQ chose the top one per cent of geocache hiders, but only slowly. Clearly they appreciate people who’ve hidden hardly any so I shall slowly archive mine as they fall into disrepair.
As I was in the area I popped into Tesco to get a new pair of trainers, then came home and set the washing machine loose on laundry before walking the dogs round the park. Not much of note happened on the walk, which was probably for the best.
Once home I hung out clothes, put more in, and spent a couple of hours writing up blog notes from the last week. History doesn’t record itself you know.

"er indoors TM" came home and we drove round to see "Daddy’s Little Angel TM". "Stormageddon - Bringer of Destruction TM" has a new trick in which he does a poo into the potty. He was keen to show us this trick. He was nowhere near so keen to have his bum wiped afterwards, but then (at that age) who is?

Once home "er indoors TM" boiled up some dinner. It was rather good. We scoffed it and started to catch up with all that the SkyPlus box had recorded for us whilst we’d been away.
It had recorded a surprising amount…

No comments:

Post a Comment