4 August 2014 (Monday) - A House Guest

I had a lonely brekkie this morning; "Furry Face TM" looked at me and then carried on snoring in his basket. The recent hot weather has taken a lot out of him. As I had my toast I watched the latest episode of "The Mill"; I do like that show. Featuring the rise of the Trade Union movement it's really interesting to watch the rise of something which was once wonderful but now sadly seems to have had its day.

I hung my laundry on the line and set off to work; the news was full of doom and gloom; which was a shame on such a beautiful morning. As I drove I was thinking of Lacey who would be waking up in her tent in Bilsington. She'd spent the night with the Beavers at cub camp with my old cub pack in our old camp site. For a moment I had a pang of nostalgia; but on reflection would I want to go back to camping with the Cubs? I did it for thirteen years. That was quite enough.

I stopped off at Morrisons for a spot of shopping. I parked up my car, and as I got out so I saw a dog in another car. The dog saw me, threw himself at the car's window in an attempt to bite me, and in doing so set off that car's alarm. I did laugh.
Morrisons had no shower gel. What was that all about?

Once at work I did my bit. I was rather industrious (for a change). Lunchtime sax practice went well; I got a glare from a normal person who came up whilst I was tootling, sat in her car, ate her lunch and looked daggers at me for half an hour. Mind you I would probably do the same if all I wanted was a bit of peace and quiet and I had me making a god-awful racket on a saxophone.
There's no denying that my rendition of that tune that goes da-da-da-da-da-dee-dee-doo-doo-dah leaves a lot to be desired, but I do a half-way decent stab at the theme from the Great Escape.

I came home to find it had been raining; my laundry was soaking wet. I put it in to spin and took "Furry Face TM" round to the co-op field to play ball. We would have gone on to the park, but the rain put paid to that plan. Instead we came home to find that "er indoors TM" had come home with our house guest. One of our walking buddies is staying overnight. She was no trouble during the evening as I did the ironing. I wonder what she will be like overnight...

No comments:

Post a Comment