8 July 2020 (Wednesday) - Rather Dull

I opened a new load of granola this morning. Tropical fruits flavour. Quite possibly the highlight of the day…
As I scoffed it I watched another episode of “Pure” in which the characters all “did the dirty deed” with each other whilst keeping their pants on. Not that I wanted them to take their pants off, but telly programs do need a certain degree of realism.

I sparked up my lap-top and had a look at the Internet. Yesterday I saw something rather interesting at work. It was a well-known scientific phenomenon; antibody-antigen reaction affected by dosage. I know “what” it is. I was rather vague on the “how” and the ”why”. When I see things like this I ask a question in the work-related Facebook pages, and maybe one person in twenty has something constructive to offer. Everyone else with things to say seemed to be doing their re-sits in GCSE science and looking set for even more re-sits.
I had a message about a new virtual geocache. You don’t see many of those and so I thought I might have a go for the First to Find until I looked closely at it. It wasn’t *that* far away… as the crow flies. But with the Thames estuary in the way I wouldn’t get to Chelmsford and be back in time for work.

I didn't get *that* wet walking to my car; it was pouring hard this morning. As I drove to work the pundits on the radio were talking about how that idiot Donald Trump has announced that the USA is pulling out of the World Health Organisation.
For years I have tried to use the title of the various world leaders when talking of their antics - out of respect for their office if nothing else. But declaring that he is taking his country out of the World Health Organisation when it is gripped by the ongoing pandemic... referring to him as "that idiot" is perhaps too kind.
But the real test of idiocy will be later in the year if (and when!) he gets re-elected.
Mind you, his niece (a clinical psychologist) has just written a book in which she describes the leader of the free world as "still a child, seeking attention". I expect the Trump family reunions are a bundle of laughs

Meanwhile the ambulance-chasing lawyers are trying to milk the NHS. Some surgical procedures and various medications which have been provided in good faith over the years have since been found to have unwanted side effects. Rather than accepting that there isn't a magic wand and the medical professions are doing best they can, there are those who are seeking to sue the NHS for not offering the absolute-top-notch-best treatment right away. It is rather difficult to offer the absolute-top-notch-best treatment right away since it probably hasn't yet been developed. But these vultures seem to think that the moment any new forms of treatment (for any condition) become available, those who had received the older therapies should automatically be eligible for compensation. Presumably because they should have been treated with drugs and surgical procedures that weren't even thought of at the time?

I got to work (where the rain had slackened off to a medium monsoon) and did what I had to do. Personally I would like less to do with malaria, but there it is.

I came home to an empty house. "er indoors TM" had taken the dogs out. I fed fish, gave myself a haircut, and generally pootled until she came home. She then spent the evening Zooming with her mates. I piddled around with the geo-map and the Munzee map and doing my accounts.
Today was dull…


No comments:

Post a Comment