20 July 2020 (Monday) - Rolvenden to Benenden (And Back)


I slept like a log, only waking at six o’clock when "er indoors TM" got up. Though to be fair it wasn’t her waking me; it was the crashing of the wolf-pack chasing after her that made the noise.
As I shaved I filled the bath with cold water, then pulled the plug to watch it drain away. After yesterday’s debacle there is something very satisfying about having a working plug hole in your bath.

I made some toast and peered into the Internet as I scoffed it. (the toast, not the Internet). Someone was whinging on one of the Lego-related Facebook pages. Having sold a Lego set, this chap had received a complaint that the buyer had received a box of bricks rather than a completed model. So the next time he sold Lego he sent a completed model and got a complaint from a buyer who wanted a box of bricks.
I had some emails. Two hundred and thirty-three “Found It” logs on the various geocaches I’ve hidden over the last few months. All (well, those that I read) complimentary.
I sent out some birthday wishes and got on with finalising the web pages for my new geo-series. I got fourteen written in an hour and a half, and then the dogs came downstairs. Seemingly obsessed with running round the garden shouting I had to give up to go shout at them.

We got ourselves ready for the day… eventually. Setting off about two hours later than usual we drove out to Rolvenden. "er indoors TM"’s geo-series out there is two years old and each cache has been found about a hundred times. From experience we’ve worked out that this is effectively the lifespan of a geo-series, and so she had plans to replace it with a new one. I went along to assist with the dog-wrangling.
We had a good walk. "er indoors TM" has had two geo-series out there before; this time we walked round the opposite way to what we’ve walked before. The footpaths seemed much more obvious when walked that way. The dogs were able to be off the leads for much of the walk, even if they did disgrace themselves with the corpse of a dead rabbit (thankfully not one they killed this time). And (it has to be said) they all ate far too much sheep poo for their own good.
I took a few photos as we walked. After eight miles we were back at the car, and it was only a short drive home. It was a shame that the dogs had all spuddled in stagnant water only half a mile from the end, but it was nothing that "er indoors TM" couldn’t sort out with a bath (with a working plug hole)

We had aa rather good bit of dinner which we devoured whilst watching an episode of “Taskmaster” which was rather good.
I’m feeling a tad tired now…

No comments:

Post a Comment