22 July 2020 (Wednesday) - Well... It Ain't Morocco


As I scoffed my toast I had a little look-see at the internet. In one of the Lego Facebook pages some chap had posted photos of something he’d made. It was supposedly a physics laboratory. It looked more like a workshop to me, but it was a rather good model, nonetheless. In the spiel he’d written he’d included a link. If you liked his model you could join his club, and for only five dollars a month you could help him buy more Lego so you could see more models that he would make for you (!) The cheek of some people…. But thinking about it (and reading the comments), some people are obviously quite content to pay others to make Lego for them to look at.
I saw that a new geocache had gone live ten miles away in Old Romney. It was one which involved traipsing around a graveyard to get answers to various questions. As I might have mentioned before, Section 18.1(e) of the Local Authorities' Cemeteries Order 1977 specifically forbids that. I posted a link onto the local geocaching Facebook page. It generated a few opinions on the matter…

I deployed a Munzee (as you do) and looked at the geo-map to see if I could get any heads-ups for tomorrow’s planned adventure. After half an hour’s failing to get an on-line photograph of a certain village sign I finally struck on the idea of Google Street View. Most people would probably have used Google Street View right away, but I’m not most people.

"er indoors TM" got up. I pretended to look hungry and got a second brekkie. I scoffed it whilst she argued with the dogs, then played “Cookie Jam” on Facebook games for a while.

We took the dogs down to Orlestone Woods for a wander. Rather than taking out usual route we had a little wander and found some rather pretty paths we’d not seen before. Fudge was funny – he straggled in the parts of the wood where we usually walk, but he stayed close in the areas which were new to us.
We came home and I phoned the dentist. They’d phoned me on Monday to say that because of COVID-19 they had cancelled my appointment (on 3 August) and couldn’t see me again this year. I phoned back and asked why I was paying for a private patient policy if I wasn’t getting anything for my money, and said I wanted to cancel it. I now have a dentist appointment booked for next Wednesday.

We then went round to the first fruit of my loin. The original plan was that we would all be on a week’s holiday in Marrakech this week, but events had conspired against us, So, not being unable to go to Morocco we had an afternoon in "My Boy TM"’s garden instead. Cheryl boiled up a very good bit of dinner (I ate too much), we (some of us) set about the lagers, and we even had scones. I put jam on my scones, and then put the cream on top. As God intended. Everyone else did it the wrong way and will probably burn in hell fire for that mistake.

I think an early night might be a plan…

No comments:

Post a Comment