21 July 2020 (Tuesday) - Visiting My Mum (and Dad)


I rather ached when I got up this morning. Having heaved my carcass out of my pit I made toast and peered into the Internet. There were fifty more “found it” logs on geocaches I’d hidden. Some complimentary, others not so. When you find a geocache you have to write something about it. I put a standard “copy and paste” on pretty much everything and wax more loquaciously on here. Some write quite an essay, and others write little comments which seem to be designed to make the hider of the caches feel sorry they bothered hiding the thing in the first place. I considered deleting everything in a fit of pique, secure in the knowledge that those who feel they could do better wouldn’t actually bother, but contented myself with rolling my eyes and moved on.
I saw a friend had seen the comet last night and had photographed it. I’d tried to see again last night, but had no joy. Astro-photography can be deceptive; with cameras that track, and incredibly long exposures you can get the most beautiful photographs of things that simply aren’t visible to the naked eye. I finally got a hint as to where to look for the comet; apparently from our back garden the house is in the way and the comet is now long past its best.

I spent a little while writing up the cache pages for my new geo-series and saw that I’d gone some of the numbering round the wrong way. Whoops. I think I’ve got it sorted now.

"er indoors TM" emerged from her pit, we loaded the dogs into the car, and set off to Hastings to visit parents. Mum was pleased to see us, but I’m not sure that Dad was happy to have Pogo crapping all over his prize blooms. But we had a cuppa and some cake and chatted for a bit. We then went on to visit mother-in-law who (clearly having had a better offer) had gone out for the day.
We came home via Winchelsea Beach where we spend a rather pleasant half-hour Munzing. As we Munzed I got chatting with a local who had a chain-link barrier across the entrance to his drive. He’d just installed it to keep tourists from using his garden as a car park. The cheek of some people!
Before we came home I spent the last of my cash on an ice cream for each of us. I now need to get some more cash. The last time I got cash from a machine was over five months ago; I’ve been using the card so much recently.

I got some petrol, and with "er indoors TM" off to get the shopping I gave my new Wherigos a quick once-over, and finalised the web pages for my new geo-series. I then rummaged in my spares and realised I’ve got enough pots for the new series. If I can find a spare half a day I can put them out…

"er indoors TM" came home from Tesco and boiled up a particularly good chicken chasseur which we washed down with one of the cheapest bottles of white wine ever. And as well as the cheapest it was one of the best. We followed that with some rather good cheese and half a bottle of amaretto.
I should sleep well tonight…  

No comments:

Post a Comment