24 July 2020 (Friday) - Greensand Way (Hamstreet End)


It was a shame that the bin men had to make quite so much noise as they did their thing at half past six this morning, but they‘ve been making a racket about it for some years now. I got back to sleep after they’d been and finally got out of my pit at about nine o’clock.
Pausing only briefly to replace the blown light bulb I was soon nosing round the Internet. Last night I’d posted on the local geocaching page about the puzzle based on a grave, and someone had commented. Bearing in mind I’d posted on the “Kent” page, why was someone from Shropshire offering an opinion. We’ve now got two Kent-based Facebook geocaching pages… but when I say “Kent based” I’m rather confused as to whether they are for Kent people, about the hobby as it happens in Kent, or just yet another place where people go for a squabble.
There were one or two squabbles on Facebook today; particularly about how we now have to wear face coverings when going shopping. I find it rather depressing that the norm is that now any idiot’s spur-of-the-moment opinion on any given topic is as valid as that of someone’s with post-graduate qualifications and a lifetime’s experience on the matter in question.
A friend had posted to Facebook saying how her cat had clawed and bitten her. I see this from cat owners all the time. If a dog did it only once they would be put down right away, but with cats it seems to be expected.

I had a look at my accounts as I do every month. As always I am far from skint but I would like a lot more money. As always I accounted for every penny (I’m mean like that), and I found that payments I’d made to car parks, Munzee HQ, sellers of Lego and Amazon (twice) hadn’t gone through, leaving me thirty quid better off than I might have been. I shan’t squander that money just yet, but that car park fee goes back to last year. Will they ever take it?

We loaded the dogs into the car and went down to Ham Street. "er indoors TM" is hoping to put a few geocaches along the Greensand Way between Ham Street and Kingsnorth, but what with SSSI and one thing and another finding space for them looks like being an issue. But it made for a good walk for the dogs if nothing else. We only lost Fudge once.
I took a few photos as we walked; I was amazed at just how filthy the dogs got. And I forgot to deploy a Munzee too… But on the plus side I managed to get the name of the local head honcho from Natural England. I’ve sent him an email about putting out geocaches on SSSI land. I wonder if he will reply?

"er indoors TM" boiled up a rather good dinner which we scoffed whilst watching episodes of “Taskmaster”. I shall program “Hannah” for tomorrow, then I think an early night…

No comments:

Post a Comment