10 October 2017 (Tuesday) - Visiting My Mummy

I slept like a log last night. I have a vague recollection of having been chewed by the puppy at some point in the small hours, but only a vague one.
For some reason I woke feeling profoundly miserable. I *think* it is waking whilst it is still dark outside. I’ve noticed over the last few years that waking when it is light outside does give me a more positive frame of mind.

Over brekkie I cheered up somewhat, and I saw I had three friend requests on Facebook. Three people who’d been on Saturday’s boat trip had asked to be my cyber-friend. Had they been any of the people I’d actually chatted with I would have been inclined to have added them to my friends list.
Why do people do this? They wasn’t to be your e-friend, but won’t so much as say hello in real life.

I drove round to collect "My Boy TM" and Lacey, and once Lacey was delivered to school we waited near the Outlet centre for "Daddy’s Little Angel TM". After a few minutes we got fed up with waiting and had a crafty sausage and egg McMuffin. After a few more minutes we had a message that "Stormageddon - Bringer of Destruction TM" was being somewhat fractious, so we drove up to the nursery to collect "Daddy’s Little Angel TM" from there. We knew when they were on the way; we could hear "Stormageddon - Bringer of Destruction TM" long before we could see him. He had a right cob-on, but "Daddy’s Little Angel TM" wasn’t having any of it, and unceremoniously dumped him in the nursery where he promptly shut his noise and joined in with what was going on.

We drive down to Hastings to see my mummy and daddy. Coffee, cakes, and a couple of hours talking filled the morning. We came home via the seafood stall in Rye where we each had a bowl of cockles. Once home I took the dogs round the park. The walk passed off relatively uneventfully, which is always good.
And once home again I spent a few minutes making a little video based on something "My Boy TM" said about Treacle. You can see the video by clicking here… I posted it to Facebook earlier, but hardly anyone has reacted to it. It’s odd how videos on Facebook never seem to get anywhere near as much attention as photos get.
The rest of the afternoon was spent catching up with the ironing; a day’s leave is never complete without doing the ironing.

"er indoors TM" came home and announced we were going to change the bedding. Whilst we were at it we flipped over the mattress and replaced my knackered pillow. That might make for a better night’s sleep. We scoffed scran, then made our way to Chris’s for the Tuesday gathering. Insults were bandied, and then we watched the latest episode of “Star Trek: Discovery”. It was rather good; even if the same story was done better in the Star Trek: Voyager episode “Equinox” some eighteen years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment