15 October 2015 (Thursday) - A Day Off

My piss boiled (just a little) as I read social media this morning. One of the signs of getting old is exasperation with the younger generation. This is human nature; Pliny the Younger commented on it two thousand years ago so I am in good company. I get very wound up when.... well, I won't say who but I'm sure there are those of my loyal readers who know a certain someone in his early twenties who spends his every waking hour pontificating bollox on Facebook whilst spaced out of his skull on funny fags having deliberately made himself unemployable by dresssing as Coco the Clown.
I agree with him that in a perfect world people wouldn't judge others by their initial appearance. But this isn't a perfect world. If it was, young lads wouldn't lay around all day spaced out of their skulls on funny fags having deliberately made themselves unemployable by dresssing as Coco the Clown.

I took my dog for a walk. I was gripped by uncertainty as to where we might walk. In the end I decided to track down a geocache in the Shadoxhurst area. I’d seen this one go live a few months ago. Having had plans to put out a geo-series first in Chilham then in Bethersden, Kingsnorth and Aldington only to be scuppered by other geocachers, I hadn’t been best pleased to see this one go live right in the middle of where I was about to put out a series.
I *could* have put caches out around any of these locations. But when I put out a series I don’t want other cacher’s efforts around what I am doing. If their efforts are crap I get tarred with the same brush in everyone’s minds.
We parked up not a million miles away from where I used to go fishing, and walked along a bridleway for about three quarters of a mile. It was a rather wet and muddy bridleway, and there were a few too many pheasants for my liking (and my dog’s nerves).
We eventually got to where the cache allegedly was; near a memorial to a crashed plane. It was a rather beautiful site to visit. It was a shame that a thirty minute search turned up no hidden sandwich boxes.
We gave up, and took a slightly different walk back to the car. In all we walked about three miles. There could easily be a series of fifteen to twenty caches along that route. Part of me wants to put one out; part of me still feels the area has been taken.
We came home via the tip; on Monday I’d loaded up the car with a consignment of rubbish from "Daddies Little Angel TM"; I got rid of it today. And with the car unloaded we went home where Furry Face TM" had a bath and I hung his lead out to dry.
Seeing today was a day’s holiday (work operates a “use it or lose it” policy) I treated myself to a KFC lunch which I devoured whilst watching the third episode of “You, Me and the Apocalypse”.

I then spent the afternoon playing on the computer. I put up a small album of photos I took this morning whilst we were out then messed about with my latest project “mankybadger.co.uk”. I *think* I’ve stuffed up the web forwarding. Unfortunately it can take up to a day for the changes to take effect. I shall have to stage the grand opening some other time. In the meantime I've emailed the nice people at 123.reg to tell them exactly what I think I've done wrong and to ask for their input.
Rather than carrying on stressing I carried some of "Daddies Little Angel TM" paraphenalia out of tthe livinng room up to the loft into storage. I managed four up-and-downs before a combination of heavy lifting and dog pulling after pheasant made my elbow too painful to continue, so I settled down in front of the telly and alternaately solved geo-puzzles and dozed until "er indoors TM" finally came home.

I might have a bottle of beer with dinner if only to try out my untappd app...


No comments:

Post a Comment