1 May 2012 (Tuesday) - Hoping...


After a relatively good night’s sleep I was raring to go to today’s interview. On with the shirt, and on with the tie. It’s odd – I miss wearing a tie to work. I left earlier than I needed to (to be sure I wouldn’t be late) and was soon at the Holiday Inn in Sevenoaks. It seemed an odd venue for an interview for a company which was actually based fifty miles elsewhere; but what do I know.

I got there with time to spare, and sat in my car and planned what I would say – all about me, why I want to sell their products, why I am the man for the job. And I got fed up with waiting and went into the hotel, introduced myself at reception, got taken to a waiting area, and spent more time planning what answers I might give to questions.
I got in ten minutes later than expected; there was only one chap interviewing; he was very friendly and welcoming. I got to give my practised spiel all about me; and my practised spiel all about how I’ve been trying to sell things. And for much of the rest of the interview I listened to what the job would entail. It sounds good. I can only hope that I sounded as good. At the end of the interview the chap gave me his card, and I’ve sent an email confirming my interest. I hope that was the right thing to do.

And then more hope. Over a spot of lunch the phone rang. It was an agency with a possible job opening. And then another agency with another potential opening. To think that a week or so ago I was on the point of giving up the job hunting as a waste of time.

I had an email – requesting the use of my writing talents. I wrote the flier below for a firm called “BuzzHosting”, and immediately after I published it my blog crashed. It’s been doing that from time to time just lately; I wish it wouldn’t. I now have three days to see if I get paid for the advert I’ve just done. I wonder if it will come up with anything? On reflection I could have done a better job - it was a bit of a rush job. Perhaps if I'd spent more than five minutes doing it and less than two hours playing "Angry Birds"?

Being Tuesday the clans gathered - this time at Somerset Road. Insults were exchanged, and we watched the last episode of season two of "Being Human". Inbetween times some of us played "Draw Something". Shart...?

No comments:

Post a Comment