The dogs didn’t settle in last night’s heat, and with
them being restless I didn’t sleep well either.
I made toast and had my usual look at the Internet.
That odious Nigel Farage won the by-election
in Clacton last night. Having declared that he would let the
public judge the actions which put him under investigation it would seem that
the good people of Clacton are quite happy with convicted foreign criminals
giving five million pounds in bungs to UK politicians.
Democracy, eh? Can’t beat it.
Some rich people of my acquaintance were flaunting
their wealth. It must be nice to be able to afford a mansion, a fleet of cars
and still be able to fund four children through a school that charges upward of
sixty thousand quid a year per brat.
I know I’m not poor, but I’m nowhere near as loaded as
I might be.
With another hot day forecast we made an early start
on our walk today. We walked what I had thought would be a shorter walk round
the woods, but it was only about half a mile less than what we usually walk. As
we went I gathered litter. You can always tell when it is school holiday; the
part of the woods within a couple of hundred yards of the car parks becomes
strewn with rubbish. Frutella sweets would seem to be particularly popular at
the moment judging by the amount of wrappers I picked up.
We didn’t see any deer, but Treacle found a deer bone,
and I found two new sink holes.
And the camera to check people are paying their car
parking fees is now in place.
We came home listening to Adrian Mole MP3s.
I had so many things I could have done today. The shed
needed cleaning out. I could probably have scared up enough rubbish for a tip
run. But again it was too hot to do much so I slobbed about instead. I Munzed.
I Wordled from “might” to “geode” in four goes. I updated my
database of sink holes in Kings Wood. I fed various geo-puzzles into ChatGPT;
it didn’t do very well with them. But I did solve a maximum difficulty puzzle.
Trouble was I found that the cache was three hundred metres down a drainage
tunnel. A few years ago I would have scrambled in to get that. These days…
maybe not.
I felt tired… I woke up a couple of hours later. I had
a cuppa and watched an episode of “Stranger Things”. At an hour and
twenty minutes the episodes are a tad too long.
We did “FEED THE FISH”, and then I sat by the
pond and read my Kindle for a bit.
“er indoors TM” went
off on cat duty. I perused the geo-map to plan a small mission for tomorrow
after Dog Club.
We had burgers and watched the first two episodes of “Celebrity
Hunted”. Mind you when I say “celebrity” I’d only heard of one out
of the twelve so-called celebrities. And again I couldn’t help but wonder if
the contestants were either deliberately stupid, or were under orders to give
the hunters some clues.

No comments:
Post a Comment