I didn’t sleep well. Waking every twenty minutes or so
I was laying wide awake at four o’clock when “er indoors TM” announced
that it was eclipse time. We went into the garden and spent half an hour
watching the lunar eclipse until the moon set behind the houses.
“er indoors TM” carried on
watching from the attic room window. I made toast and watched more “Stranger
Things” which had seriously improved on yesterday’s episode, and the amount
of explosions had rather tapered off.
I
had a little look at the Internet as I do. It was still there. Again I found
myself presented with a load of ranting about fish care on one of the fishing
pages I follow. Everyone was getting really aggressive with everyone else about
how best to care for the fish through whose mouth they’d just stuck a hook and
then dragged out of the water.
Rather
amazingly only two people had posted anything about the eclipse, and “er
indoors TM” had been one of them.
I
Wordled from “lunar” to “tween” in five goes, Munzed, and got
ready for work. As I drove to junction nine of the motorway I was
amazed at how many people were out in their pyjamas walking their dogs. It is
certainly the way to walk your dog in South Ashford at quarter past six in the
morning. We don't get that at Dog Club.
I drove up the motorway listening to the pundits on
the radio spouting their usual drivel. There was an interview with someone or
other talking about the American
Federal Reserve (the US equivalent of the Bank of England).
Apparently they want to put up interest rates but don't dare because that wound
irritate President Trump and they simply can't face the arse-ache which that
would generate. The chap being interviewed implied that it was difficult to run
the Federal Reserve when they had a somewhat feeble-minded President with the
attention span of a gnat. Though it was difficult to follow the conversation;
the chap being interviewed had a very thick (almost incomprehensible)
Scottish accent. It took me a while to realise that when he said "waar-ruck"
(which he said several times) he actually meant "work".
I drove to the petrol station at Aylesford as the
petrol there was four pence per litre cheaper than at home, then popped into
Sainsburys to get lunch. As I shopped I followed a couple of assistants and
listened to their conversation. Well, not so much "conversation"
as "ranting". One had had a falling out with one of the
managers, but I couldn't quite work out what her grievance actually was.
There's only so much earwigging you can do before it becomes obvious.
I went in to the early shift and did my bit. Today was
rather dull really, but in my line of work, dull is good.
I came home to find Treacle expectantly watching me… we
did “FEED THE FISH”, and “er indoors TM” went
off out with her craft club mates. I settled in front of the telly and watched
more “Stranger Things”. Mind you I saw “watched”; “slept
through” would be a more accurate summary.
It wasn’t just work. All of today was dull.

No comments:
Post a Comment