25 December 2023 (Monday) - Quiet Christmas Day

The first ever Christmas Eve Night I worked was in 1985 when I had one blood sample all night long. Last night I had forty-eight blood counts, thirty-four coagulation investigations, one blood group to perform and one unit of platelets to issue. I wouldn’t say it was busy, but the work remained constant.
The roads were quiet coming home, but not as quiet as that Christmas morning in 1985 when my dad collected me at nine o’clock and we only saw six other cars on the road as we drove from Ashford to Hastings.
 
I got home to find everyone still in bed. Once I’d showered and shaved I dozed on the sofa for an hour until everyone else was up. “Darcie Waa Waa TM had been restless last night. We opened pressies, and had another kip whilst “er indoors TM boiled up dinner, then had a rather good dinner, then another kip, the scoffed some more…
 
That was how today went. A rather subdued day with scoffing interspersed by having a kip. We scoffed a lot and had several kips.
A rather good Christmas… I’m pleased “er indoors TMliked her pressie.

No comments:

Post a Comment