14 December 2023 (Thursday) - Another Rostered Day Off

I slept right through till eight o’clock this morning. It helps when the dogs are settled. I made toast and had a look at the Internet. I saw that another book had been released in a series that I follow. Mind you when I say “book”, pretty much no one at all reads these books. Pretty much everyone listens to someone else reading the story out to them… and everyone on the Facebook page for the series gets rather aggressive whenever anyone comments that books are things you read.
 
I got the dogs onto their leads and we set off for a little adventure. With the BBC’s weather forecast giving a zero per cent chance of rain we walked through the drizzle to the car, and had to have the windscreen wipers going on our way to the woods.
As we drove there was something on the radio about one of the Roman emperors. But as is so often the case something which could have been really interesting was being killed stone dead by a blah-blah-blah presentation. I switched to singing along to Ivor Biggun songs.
We got to Kings Wood and after half an hour the rain finally stopped. We walked for nearly four miles during which we saw four other people; all of them within five minutes’ walk of the car park. The pups played with one dog we’ve now met a few times; the chap with the dog told us that he is new to the area, and Morgan and Bailey are the only dogs his dog will play with. We also met a nice hippy lady who was brandishing one of those cups of posh coffee that cost a small fortune. I’m not knocking cups of posh coffee that cost a small fortune, but bearing in mind we were a hundred yards from the car park in Kings Wood, where could she have got it from? The closest place must have been Ashford town centre, and surely it would have been stone cold by the time she’d driven it up to the woods?
 
Home for a cuppa - tea and coffee from the cupboard. As I said, I’m not knocking cups of posh coffee that cost a small fortune but for the price of one of them I can make several cups of coffee at home for a month. We had croissants from the corner shop too. Very nice.
I then emptied rubbish from the shed and took it round to the tip. Much as I like my car, it is at times like tip runs that I miss the Scenic and the Espace if only for their capacity. I had some knacked old shelving to get rid of today. I had to break them all in two so’s they’d fit in the new car. They would have just gone straight into either of my previous three cars.
Thankfully the tip was painless today. So often I go there and find my idiot magnet is going at full power, but not today. Mind you (as always) I did unload with something of a vague sense of guilt. With so many instructions about what goes where, and not chucking cardboard boxes in with the rubbish that the cardboard box is carrying I am paranoid that I’m going to end up on the wrong side of one of the many jobsworths that haunt the tip.
But not today.
I then slobbed on the sofa for the rest of the day dozing through all sorts of drivel on the telly
 
Meanwhile aliens have pranged on Mars

No comments:

Post a Comment