18 December 2023 (Monday) - Guts Ache

I thought I heard new-next-door shouting in the night. Did I? I don't know, but if she was it was nowhere near as bad at the noisy sex noises that previous next-doors used to make. They were all funny the first time but soon became rather tiresome. I wonder if they still do the dirty deed at full volume at half past two in the morning wherever they are now?
 
Over some toast I watched another episode of "Harry Enfield and Chums"; whatever happened to Harry Enfield? According to Wikipedia he's not done much recently, but then what celebrities do last over forty years?
 
I set off to work. I was rather surprised to see the corner shop shut at six o'clock as I walked past. Back in the day “My Boy TM” used to be there at six o'clock every morning to get organised for his paper round. But come to think of it I've not seen a paper boy (or girl) for years. Are paper boys (and girls) still a thing?
 
As I drove to Pembury I found myself weaving in and out of an endless succession of dustbin lorries which had all been parked in such a way to bung up the traffic. I can understand being unlucky with one badly parked dustbin lorry, or even two. But so many that I lost count spread over thirty miles. What was going on this morning?
There was a lot of talk on the radio about wages in the UK. Someone or other was being interviewed who said that the average wage increase in the UK this year was seven point three per cent and then started on about the "inflation proof" jobs such as healthcare and education and much of the public sector. It would seem that an "inflation proof" job is one which doesn't get anything like an average annual wage increase, and consequently no one wants to work in them. It amazed me that this was presented as news.
There was also talk about how the Northern Ireland Assembly still isn't functioning after a hiatus of two years. Bearing in mind that the Democratic Unionist Party are the sticking point here I'd be inclined to let the rest of the Irish parties involved form their own assembly, and if the leaders of this assembly (likely Sinn Fein) plump for independence form the UK then that will save us all a bob or two.
 
I got to work. I don't mind doing the early shifts at Maidstone, but I have to be up silly-early for early shifts at Pembury, and what with the journey home, I don't get home especially early either. Having left home in the dark, I came home in the dark.
As I got home so my phone beeped. I had a friend request on Facebook from some epically chested bimbo. Or more likely from some sad act pretending to be an epically chested bimbo. I’ve not had quite so many of these lately; I can’t help but wonder just what whoever posts this sort of thing hopes to achieve.
Over the summer after an early shift we’d go to the woods. But this evening was cold and dark, so instead I puzzled over today’s instalment of the Advent Calendar, then fell asleep for an hour or so.
 
“er indoors TM sorted a rather good dinner which we scoffed whilst watching last year’s Christmas “Lego Masters: UK”, and the more I scoffed, the more my stomach became iffy; mind you it hadn’t been right all day.
I might have an early night to see if that might settle my innards…
 

No comments:

Post a Comment