16 December 2023 (Saturday) - Lazy Day

I slept well I suppose. Better than I have done a few times recently. Over toast I had my usual rummage round the Internet as I do most mornings.
Facebook was much the same as ever. There were quite a few photos of Hastings from years ago being posted. The place has changed so much.
A chap I vaguely knew ten years ago (who regularly pleads poverty) was again bragging about how he drives round in a Tesla. He does this quite a bit, and tends to take the line that “Teslas aren’t as bad as you think they are”, and is for ever making excuses for the faults and issues he finds with his one. Not knowing the first thing about them, he’s rather put me off of ever wanting one.
I was bombarded with adverts for tour-guide-type games which involved spending good money on things for which there are free apps like Trigpointing or Adventure Lab.
And Goodreads (who?) had sent me an email telling me that I had read one book on my Kindle this year. One?
 
Being Saturday we piled into the car and drove round to Repton. As we drove I totally failed on the “Guess the Lyrics” competition on the radio. “I'm gonna find that girl underneath the mistletoe. We'll kiss by candlelight” wasn’t from Paul McCartney’s Wonderful Christmastime.
We got to the Repton Estate and the excited squeaking started. The dogs know when they are going to Dog Club. Last week’s was a bit of a washout, but today we had a great time. Dog Club is one of the highlights of my life; we stand in a field whilst a dozen dogs charge around. It’s far better than it sounds.
All too soon it was time to come home. Having totally failed on the Steve’s “Guess the Lyrics” competition on the radio on the way to Dog Club I did better on the Mystery Year competition on the way home. When did the first load of Doctor Who end? 1989.
 
We came home, and it wasn’t long before we had a visit. “My Boy TM” and Cheryl popped round. I took the first fruit of my loin into the garden. I’m not keen on how the bog filter currently looks, and I explained my plans for building an expanded bog filter for the pond by digging out the existing one and spending several hundred quid on a rather ambitious project over the next few months. “My Boy TM” explained what a stupid idea it was, and pointed out that I could achieve a far better result far cheaper and with a lot less effort. On reflection I think he’s got a point. What I had in mind would have cost me about four hundred quid. I can probably get a better result and change out of fifty quid with what “My Boy TM” has in mind.
 
“er indoors TM then set off to Westfield for father-in-law’s birthday celebrations. It would have been good to have gone too, but just lately we might have occasionally left the dogs unsupervised a tad too long.
So I spent the afternoon watching drivel on the telly whilst they slept. Usually I’d go stir crazy, but I wasn’t feeling on top form today. Hopefully a bone-idle day has done me some good.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment