12 December 2013 (Thursday) - Bored

I woke after what I thought was a good night's sleep feeling refreshed and raring to go. I could see it was still dark, but it is dark in the mornings these days. I looked at the clock. 2.51am! I dozed fitfully before giving up trying to sleep, and was watching episodes of "South Park" and "Family Guy" by 5am. My little dog woke up just as the toast was ready, and having eaten all the crusts he curled up on my lap and went to sleep.
I was ready to sleep at this point. I spent much of the rest of the day wanting to sleep. I really need to chase up that appointment with the sleep clinic.

I left home a little earlier than usual; there was seriously thick frost on the car to be scraped off, and as I drove I skidded on the ice in a couple of places. It is definitely getting colder. As I drove I listened to the news (as I do). There was little of note. The pundits were knocking the NHS again; politicians were spouting self-serving drivel. Nothing changes.

I got to Morrisons five minutes before opening time which gave me time to do a little geo-maintenance on a small plastic pot I once hid near there. I then bought some fruit for lunch, and some nuts for the works Xmas buffet next week. Peanuts aren't cheap; and why would anyone buy the brand name nuts when you can get the shop brand ones for half the price. After all, a nut is a nut.

I got to work, did my bit, and came home. As I drove there was half an hour's radio program about why the Roma communities are facing so much hostility. Common sense was intersperesed with blatent racism...

Yesterday was quite good fun. Today was rather dull...

No comments:

Post a Comment