9 June 2010 (Wednesday) - Nearly Packed

Last night my email circuit had gone west saying my account had been suspended. This morning it was fine. I wonder what that was all about.

I’ve found my perve-o-scope (a pair of binoculars with a built-in USB camera), but still no sign of the missing washing up bowls. Looking at how I’ve packed the car, anything might be in the back and I wouldn’t notice. It might be an idea for me to re-pack the thing before I set off to camp.


Some shopping before work – Argos, where I couldn’t buy camping gaz throuogh the automated system. Apparently I had to go to the counter to hand my money over to the assistant in case I was going to use the camping gaz for nefarious purposes. It strikes me that having acquired the stuff, the nice lady behind the counter will have no idea what I’m going to do with the stuff, but she can rest assured that because I gave the money to her and not to the machine, I can’t use it to make my own explosives. I think that (as always) I’m missing the point somewhere.

Whilst in Argos I met up with some “camping virgins” who will be spending part of the weekend with us. They seemed to be looking forward to it. I hope they won’t be disappointed.


Sweatman’s Mowers were quite happy to sell me loads of camping gaz – they didn’t suspect me of being some sort of villain. Whilst in there I overheard someone on the phone screaming at an ex-customer about damage done to a lawnmower. I would like to have stayed longer to have got the full story, but after a while it becomes obvious that you are ear-wigging…


1 comment:

  1. I have to confess I am a wee bit jealous of your forthcoming camping expedition but I hope you have a fabulous time

    ReplyDelete