17 April 2020 (Friday) - Stuff



Over a bowl of Tesco muesli I watched the third episode of “Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem and Madness”. I watched it with a wry smile. Did Carole Baskin feed her husband to a tiger in 1997? Like so many of these cases, how will we ever know when the event is so long ago?
I sparked up my lap-top and gave Facebook my last posting in the “ten albums” thing. Having put up ten albums that greatly influenced my taste in music, today I put up ten more that didn’t quite make the top ten.
I then had a little look round some of the Facebook pages.
Much as I’ve been very active on the “Geocaching in Kent” page, I’m on the point of coming off of it. It is boiling my piss too much. Those who only a few short weeks ago were publicly lambasting me for taking my dogs for a walk and demanding I stay in the house were now showing off how they’ve found software to map the miles of walking they are now doing. Others who having had a pop at "er indoors TM" over the weekend were now trying to shame people for going hunting geocaches because (despite the official guidance) they have decided that people shouldn’t be doing so.

The roads were rather busier than they have been as I drove up the motorway at seven o'clock this morning. As I drove the pundits on the radio were talking about the new leader of the Labour party. Sir Kier Starmner is calling for details of how the government is planning to have the nation recover from coronageddon.
The chap is an idiot. With yesterday's announcement of three more weeks of confirmed lock-down, and anyone with any understanding of microbiology expecting serious restrictions on our lifestyles for months to come, why is this twit worrying about something so far into the future? Unless he hopes to be vote-grubbing amongst those so thick as to not understand why we are having to have all the social distancing and lock-down in the first place?
They then wheeled on the mayor of London Siddiq Khan who didn't come over anywhere nearly as badly as sometimes he does.

I got some petrol. As I filled my car so another car pulled up at the petrol pumps. The woman in that car sat in her car and waited for me to go pay before she got out of her car, and as I walked back to my car so she went back into her car and shut herself in. She waited until I was driving away before she got out and carried on getting her own petrol.
There is fear of the virus, and there is just plain stupidity.
This was echoed by the woman on the till in Sainsburys when I paid for what I bought today (I remembered the brown sauce!). She told me that she liked the NHS workers half-hour as there was no one coming through wearing ripped plastic gloves or face masks that obviously did not fit.

Work was work; despite the lock-down I came home via Margate. "Daddy’s Little Angel TM" doesn’t actually have a letterbox and her new bank card had been delivered to our house yesterday. She rather needed it, and bearing in mind the police had closed off Hastings last weekend I rather suspected Margate might be a no-go area tomorrow.

I eventually got home a couple of hours later than usual. Fish and chips went down well whilst we watched “The Heist”. I quite like the show, but as it goes on so the police seem to be making rather amazing decisions and actions with incredibly little reason or evidence to prompt them. And the thieves seem to be making some rather idiotic choices.
Is the show just trying to keep the public in line?

No comments:

Post a Comment