13 April 2020 (Monday) - Easter Monday


I was woken by a loud crash as Treacle jumped off the bed at seven o’clock. I heard her come downstairs, and after a few minutes I could hear her crying. I came downstairs to let her into the garden, but not before she’d had a little accident.
As she “did business” in the garden I cleared up the accident. I was rather surprised she’d tiddled inside – it is very unlike her. We shall have to keep an eye on her.

I got the washing machine and dishwasher doing their things, then scoffed a bowl of muesli whist watching an episode of “Bottom” before having my morning rummage round the Internet. I told the world about my seventh album choice. “The Fine Art of Surfacing” by the Boomtown Rats was a firm favourite from the same time when I was particularly religious... I’ve shed the God-bothering, but still kept a love of the Boomtown Rats.
I then rolled my eyes at what others were posting on Facebook. There are half a dozen local groups, the participants of all of which were competing to out-do everyone else in squealing up their neighbours for perceived breaches of lock-down.

With a few minutes spare I lifted down a huge box which has sat unopened in the back bedroom for years. I was very pleasantly surprised to see it contained several Lego kits, and a *lot* of loose Lego. I spent a little while looking to see what was in the loose Lego, then I drove "er indoors TM" up to her boss’s house to collect a consignment of dongles (!)
We came back past the Home Bargains shop. I thought that "er indoors TM" might like to do some shopping. For all that I’ve been having a go for the last couple for weeks, it has been a tad haphazard. I’ve been buying what looks interesting and what I think we might need, with no regard for what we actually do need. And so we’ve ended up with six jars of marmalade but no chips. We have turnips and swede for the dogs, but no vegetables for the humans.
Shopping today was dull.
When I go to Sainsburys there is usually at least one “special” one kicking off in the queue, or one memorable idiotic member of staff. Today – no one.

With shopping unloaded we walked the dogs round the park. Again we met no idiots; in fact we met hardly anyone at all.
As we walked my right knee got rather tender. Yesterday I might have spoken too soon when I said that the long-distance Reiki hadn’t done any harm.

We came home; I ironed for a little while whilst watching more episodes of “Bottom” then had a closer look at the Lego I’d found this morning. I was rather disappointed to find that what looked like sets to make a motorbike and a truck were just boxes of random bits, but random Lego technic bits are good. I’ve long been planning to have either a carousel, Ferris wheel or windmill in my Lego world. So I spent a little while making a first attempt at a sort of carousel. I was quite pleased with what I eventually came up with. It worked find in trial runs. So I put a few minifigures on it, got out the camera, video-ed it and met with utter disaster. You can see the disaster by clicking here.
But “nil desperandum”… the next one just needs a heavier base.

As I played Lego so "er indoors TM" tidied the bedroom. She’s chucked out the manky old chair I used to pile my clothes on, and given me a nice box in its place. It is a very nice box. Apparently I’ve got twenty pairs of trousers in that box…

"er indoors TM" boiled up dinner, and we watched a couple of episodes of “The Heist”. I didn’t stay awake for all of it.
It’s been a “different” Easter… I worked Friday, the weekend was glorious sunshine, and all I did was to sit in the garden. Today the weather was rubbish and we did loads.
Back to work tomorrow…

No comments:

Post a Comment