15 October 2016 (Saturday) - Bit Tired

The night shift was rather busy, I was glad when the day staff arrived. I made my way home, and after bandying a few insults with "er indoors TM" I went to bed for the morning.

I slept for an hour or so, then finding myself wide awake gave up trying to sleep. I got up and had a look-see on-line until "er indoors TM" and "Furry Face TM" came home, then we went off to the monthly county geo meet. I do like meeting up with friends, acquaintances, and anyone who is daft enough to hunt Tupperware on a regular basis. It is always good to compare notes. And meeting up in a pub means I get a half of weak shandy and the option of a ploughman’s lunch.
I thought today’s meet was especially good; but there is no denying that either the fifth pint, the third glass of port, or only an hour’s sleep was a mistake. I may well have overdone something. But nevertheless the meet was something of a milestone. In the geo-world whenever you do anything noteworthy your score goes up by one point. After I’d drunk myself silly my score was at seven thousand five hundred.
I slept all the way home.

We did have a vague idea to go to Hastings tonight for the bonfire procession, but those things are never any fun in the rain, so I had a cuppa, then woke up three hours later to find "er indoors TM" had gone off on a ladies’ night. I watched the second of this week’s episodes of “Game of Thrones”. A good show; but I think I’ve again lost track of who is who and what is what.

I think an early night might be in order…


No comments:

Post a Comment