26 January 2022 (Wednesday) - Watching Too Much Telly?

Every morning as I scoff toast I peer into Facebook. Some mornings it can be fun seeing what everyone else has been getting up to. Some mornings it can be rather dull. This morning I would have described as “repetitive”. Some chap in America was selling a Lego set and the same advert had appeared on half a dozen Lego pages I follow. A friend of “My Boy TM” had bought far too much massively overpriced fishing bait and was trying to sell most of it (on every fishing-related group I follow). The same Sparks-related memes were on every Sparks-related group… Social media can get rather dull sometimes, but I wouldn’t be without it. Today marks fifteen years since I first set up my Facebook account.
With no emails of note I got dressed, got organised and took the dogs out…

Taking the dogs out isn’t quite as straightforward as it used to be. Back in the day Fudge would be raring to go and everyone else would be caught up in his excitement. These days Treacle is vaguely keen on the idea of going out (if she can tear herself away from “er indoors TM), but more and more Pogo seems to be going off of the whole idea. He’s not quite as bad as Sid was (who used to scurry away and hide at walk times) but he certainly shows very little enthusiasm to get going. 

We drove up to Kings Wood again mainly because of how little mud there was up there yesterday, and went for quite a long explore of the northern part of the wood. I’ve got a vague plan to replace my geocaches in Kings Wood with two loops of caches starting from the top car park, and with this in mind we had a rather good wander. I’ve not really explored the top of the woods before; today it was infested with normal people, but once we got over half a mile from the car park we pretty much had the place to ourselves.

I took my GPS unit “Hannah” along to record our track, and every so often I recorded where I might hide a cache… not so much an actual location but a minimum distance from the previous potential hide. There are those who delight in my producing these maps and use them to hunt out the geocaches I’ve hidden before anyone else can get close (they really do!!), but these ones will be something of a disappointment. They are more of a “proof of concept” than actual locations. I shan’t be looking for actual locations for some time.

 

After two hours and five miles we were back at the car and heading home where I spent a few minutes getting a car load of rubbish together for a tip run in the morning.

Over a spot of lunch I finished watching “Kiss Me First”. The show started rather well, but left me with something of a feeling of “WTF was that all about?” I then popped over the road to the Polish shop and got a humungous tub of salted caramel Haagen-Das and scoffed it whilst watching “Wild Bill” which was a rather good film.

I seem to be spending an inordinate amount of time staring at the telly these days… I suppose I’ll find more to do when it isn’t so cold outside. I should really make the most of it – I’m back to work next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment