15 January 2022 (Saturday) - Overdoing It In Badlesmere

I scoffed toast as my one hundred and fifth negative COVID test incubated and as I had my usual rummage round the Internet.

Last night someone had posted a picture of several boxed Lego sets to one of the vintage Lego Facebook groups that I follow. All but one of the sets were the models that I have on display on a shelf above the telly so I put up a photo of my shelf. A few people commented overnight that they liked my photo and felt that the figures (and the Lego Pugs) all added to the display. But the chap who’d posted up the first picture didn’t seem impressed. For him Lego is all about getting the set still unopened in its box and keeping it that way. I didn’t comment any more – each to their own.

As I peered into the Internet go Pogo came and sat with me and started a little fight as he does. Somehow or other he’s acquired a rather nasty scratch on his belly over the last few days. I wonder how he did that? I don’t remember him going anywhere where he might have got scratched.

 

We got the dogs organised, and went on a little outing. Rather than overdoing it today we had a plan for a shortish walk where it wouldn’t be too windy, and Badlesmere fitted the bill nicely. We met up with Karl, Tracey and Charlotte and walked a little route we’ve walked a few times recently. In a novel break with tradition I wore wellies rather than my walking boots, and I was right to have done so. Although we started off with frozen mud, the mud soon melted and was quite deep toward the end of the walk.

Usually when we walk we take a picnic lunch with us. And a load of water. And tons of supplies for the dogs. We didn’t take luggage today which made for a much easier walk, but even so, I did feel that I was struggling somewhat toward the end. And at the end we stopped off in the Red Lion for a couple of pints and a rather good bit of dinner.

Much as I did overdo it today, it was good to get out of the house and spend some time with friends. I took a few photos whilst we were out. Today was good.

 

We came home, and once I’d emptied my sinuses of gunk and blood clots (yuk!) I spent a couple of hours fast asleep on the sofa with Treacle curled up net to me. I don’t know who was the most worn out today; the dogs or me.

I woke to find “er indoors TM” was watching a rather odd TV show about a young lad who wanted to be a drag queen. A strange program – it was rather predictable but still entertaining. 

We then cracked out the post and cheese and had a rather good evening scoffing them and watching episodes of “The Great Pottery Throw Down”. Together with the various incarnations of “Bake Off”, “Sewing Bee” and “Lego Masters” we seem to be watching a lot of shows featuring the normal people doing all sorts of things that we could never do… though it has to be said I’d have a fair go at the Lego if I had access to the Brick Room with three million Lego pieces…

No comments:

Post a Comment