16 January 2022 (Sunday) - Brekkie in Folkestone

I lay in bed until my back hurt too much to stay there, then got up and sloshed out my sinuses (yuk!) I seem to remember sinus washing being rather more traumatic the last time I had my nose done; I can only assume this is a good thing.

I made toast and was rather intrigued as I peered into the depths of Facebook. Last night it told me I had six hundred and twenty Facebook friends. This morning that number was only six hundred and nineteen. Overnight someone had de-friended me. I had a little look through the list but couldn’t spot any name missing. I wonder who it was. And why. Being a very nosey person I like seeing what everyone else is doing via Facebook. And it would seem that people had been doing things yesterday. Football games, bike rides, walking in the countryside, learning the piano…

I had a few “Found It” logs on some of my geocaches too. I’ve been banging on for years that the ancient and noble art of hunting out Tupperware boxes is dying on its arse, and here was a perfect example of why. There’s a chap who is having a three-day geocaching holiday in Ashford right now. The chap obviously enjoys the hobby and gets a lot from it having found nearly fifty thousand caches. However he’s only hidden two caches in the last eight years.

I had an email. I got 100% for the essay I wrote in the week for my Coursera course (on the detection of exoplanets). That was a result.

 

We settled the dogs and drove down to Folkestone where spent the morning with Jose and Maria (and Jose’s mum). What with global pandemics it had been two years since we last actually met up (which is why I love keeping in touch through social media), and we put the world to rights over a rather good full Spanish brekkie before comparing Lego models.

We came home via Folkestone’s branch of “The Range”. An odd shop… As far as I can work out it seems to be to B&M Bargains what Waitrose is to Lidl in that it sells much the same tat but at far higher prices. I am reliably informed that I am wrong (!)

 

Once home we woke the dogs and took them for a little walk into the town centre where we Munzee-ed and Adventure Lab-ed and tried not to point and laugh at the normal people who clearly didn’t understand the concept of “breathing”. If you are going to take the trouble to go round wearing a face mask why not pull the thing up over your nose? They come with little metal strips in them; it takes less than a second to bend the metal strip so that the surgical mask stays up over your nose.

We came home thought the park where we had a few “episodes”; when “er indoors TM” is along Treacle gets rather gobby. I wish she wouldn’t.

 

With walk walked we returned home for a cuppa. “er indoors TM” sorted the craft stuff she’d bought earlier, and I did some more of my Coursera course as Treacle snored next to me. She can be a lovely little dog when she is asleep.

When my brain could take no more I popped upstairs to the attic and made use of the Lego deliveries that came in the week and put a few (over twenty) maxifigures together. I do like the maxifigures but (like all collectables) I’ve got too many of them. 

“er indoors TM” boiled up a very good bit of dinner which we scoffed whilst watching “Lego Masters: Australia” Certainly one of the better things on telly at the moment…

No comments:

Post a Comment