13 January 2022 (Thursday) - Feeling Grim

I didn’t spend pretty much all night downstairs last night which was a great improvement on the night before. In fact apart from a trip to the loo I slept for nine hours and was still fast asleep when Pogo started screaming for no apparent reason. I wish he wouldn’t do that. Most dogs bark when they feel they need to alert the humans to something or other. Pogo really does scream. Like a starlet in a horror movie.

I lay still trying to persuade myself it was all a dream, but it wasn’t. Treacle started dabbing my head to tell me to leap into action, and “er indoors TM” had long since departed the scene.

 

I got up, squirted saline up my nose to dislodge all the scabbing (yuk!), made toast and had a look-see at the internet just in case it was any different to how I’d left it last night. Eventually I got in by re-setting the browser which is simple enough if you know what you are doing…. But I’m not sure that I am. Mind you the thing kept on freezing. Has the browser had it? Has Firefox had its day?

Yesterday I’d set up a poll on the local geocaching Facebook page asking for what people wanted in the February meet-up that I’m hoping to run. I must admit I was a tad disappointed at the lack of response, but very few people do commit themselves to the meets; preferring to just turn up on the day if they can.

There was a lot of consternation being expressed at the revelations that whilst pretty much everyone was obeying the lock-down rules of the pandemic there *had* been an epic piss-up staged in Downing Street. But for every person who was expressing dismay there were plenty more cheering on “Good Old Boris”. Despite the chap being demonstrably well out of his depth as Prime Minister, the masses love him.

Have I ever mentioned that democracy is a silly idea?

And I saw that it is now six months since Terry died. Six months…

 

I took  the dogs for a little walk. We took the same route we took yesterday and had a good (uneventful) outing, which is always a good thing. Mind you it was cold this morning, but I used this to my advantage. With walk walked I had a quick once-round the garden gathering up dog dung; dog dung always gathers better when frozen.

Just as I was loading the washing machine so postie arrived with stuff. That set the dogs off. One of the parcels was the job lot of Lego bricks I’d ordered. I had a little look, and wasn’t impressed to see the first brick out of the packet was fake Lego. So I went through all two hundred and fifty bricks. Four weren’t genuine Lego. The fake stuff doesn’t have “Lego” printed on it. There are those who don’t mind the fake stuff… I’m not keen on it.

I made a cuppa and then watched an episode of “The Witcher” and made myself feel quick sick through scoffing the tub of Quality Street that “er indoors TM” had got me as a “get well soon” pressie. I then tuned in to some of my Coursera course, but I struggled to pay attention to it. Too many sweeties, too much dog walk, or the after-effects of Tuesday’s operation? I felt rather grim today compared to yesterday. I suppose this is why I’ve been told to take two weeks off work.

I gave up and instead of trying to learn something I just slobbed in front of the telly and slept for most of the afternoon as the dogs snored around me.

 

“er indoors TM” came home and boiled up dinner which we scoffed whilst watching the last episodes of “Landscapers”.

I’m feeling like death warmed up now…

No comments:

Post a Comment